Looking for a kick start of career? Do you want to contribute to Vattenfalls international sourcing and vendor management? For our IT procurement team, part of Staff Function Procurement we are now looking for an ambitious and experienced
Category Manager IT
The position is located in Berlin or Hamburg.
Your Job as a Category Manager IT
You will be engaging with the IT supply chain, executives internally and externally to define category and procurement strategies as well as identifying novel market approaches to maximize the company’s profitability.
Your goal will be to realize ambitious outcome in terms of customer value, cost reduction and risk mitigation and to further develop Procurement. You will also function as the SPOC for appointed part of Vattenfall business and suppliers, driving the procurement planning and business dialogue process, working closely with colleagues within the same subcategories. You will participate in establishing supply strategies which accurately reflect business priorities and supply market dynamics sponsored by internal stakeholders. You will ensure implementation of best practice across relations and/or categories of spend, plan, follow-up, report and secure needed actions.
Your key activities will be:
- Contributing in the development of a distinct sourcing strategy for IT, especially considering growing digitalization of Vattenfall's Business Areas
- Working closely together with IT and Business Units in Germany and internationally, to fulfill procurement needs
- Ensuring that goods and/or services are sourced and delivered at best total cost of ownership available to Vattenfall on the supplier market (Quality/Service/Technology/Price)
- Ensuring that the value for Vattenfall stays at the high level or increases throughout the valid period of the contracts, through vendor management mitigating risks and manage compliance
- Focusing optimization of existing solutions/supplier base and specific vendors, including how business is using them (spend management), but not excluding new need of supply/new solutions. Supporting in the “make or buy” decisions and outsourcing of non-competitive advantage areas
- Driving cost reductions in IT
- Acting as the SPOC for your area of responsibility
Your profile as a Category Manager IT
Are you triggered by working in an international environment? Perfect! We are looking for someone with a relevant University degree (or equal) and a solid understanding of the IT category and supplier market like digitalization and sourcing that has an interest in leading change. In Staff Function Procurement we value your communication skills as much as your hard skills. We are looking for a good communicator who is able to listen, bring a message across clearly and has the ability to adapt to her/his audience. We believe, that only with these communication skills you can act as the trusted partner towards our business.
- Work experience in a similar position
- Project management skills and experience of dealing with stakeholders and important suppliers nationally and internationally
- Experience with SAP
- Performance and result oriented
- Strong analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help
- Strong credibility built through both business insight and leadership
- Pro-active, self-sufficient and transparent
- Strong command of German and English, both verbally and written
- You are willing to travel within Northern Europe
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity& expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer competitive remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact Misha Vink, 31 6 50235664.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Bettina Keil, +494079022 2289 or apply via the application button. The closing date of the vacancy is 2017, Sept. 1st. Please submit your CV in English.