SCADA Project Manager for Wind Farms
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a candidate for our SCADA department, which is responsible for specifications, design, and implementation of wind farm automation systems, network infrastructure and integration into the overall Vattenfall Wind Power Data Center, as well as project management of all automation deliverables in new wind farm projects.
The department is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We are currently over 20 employees in the SCADA department.
Your responsibilities as a SCADA Project Manager:
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will lead project tendering, tender evaluation and execution of projects until handover to operation, within the fields of SCADA systems with focus on automation system for substation, auxiliary system, radio systems, IT infrastructure and WTG SCADA and control systems.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- handlling project-related contractual and technical communication with subcontractors during construction
- definition and fulfilment of technical specification, budget, time plan, quality and safety in relation to the Project Director or Managers
- managing project-related activities required within the field of SCADA system such as stakeholders, sub suppliers and technical deliveries
- managing FAT, SAT commissioning, documentation and subsequent handover to O&M, including general follow-up
- cooperating with your colleagues in the construction and engineering departments, the operation team, SCADA department managers and team leads. Besides you are able to manage the assigned specialists from SCADA in the project, who can be both internal and external engineers
Your qualifications as a SCADA Project Manager:
You have a master’s degree in IT or Electrical Engineering or similar and have gained experience with automation and control systems from similar industries, preferably within the energy sector.
In addition you need to have:
- Relevant experience with project management, preferably you have a Project Manager certification or similar
- Knowledge about tendering, project planning and coordination, design, specification, test and documentation of SCADA systems
- It will be beneficial if you have Knowledge about communication protocols for power system and automation systems
- General knowledge about some of following areas: alarm handling, database system, server setup in a virtualised environment, Radio system and IT network
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues.
- have a strong personal drive
- can take a leading role in order to achieve results and ownership of the solutions
- are a true team player and able to add to the existing team spirit
- have a systematic and focused approach
- are strongly performance oriented and like challenges
- are good at capturing lessons learned
- are comfortable with changing environment, dynamic organization and an international perspective
- show a proactive approach towards stakeholders
- will be able to make and implement decisions effectively
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location will be based in Vattenfall office Netherland (Amsterdam). However, you must expect travel activities related to your work, as you will be working on different projects in Northern Europe and have colleagues placed at different locations.
If you need more information as regards to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Brian Astrup, email@example.com..
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Recruiter, Kay van Emstede, phone +31615604138.
Please send your application in English with curriculum vitae and cover letter attached via Vattenfalls home page no later than 8th of September 2017. Interviews will be held in week 37 or 38.
We look forward to receiving your application