Vattenfall’s vision is to develop a sustainable, diversified European energy portfolio with long-term increased profits and significant growth opportunities. At the same time, Vattenfall aims to be among the leaders in developing environmentally sustainable energy production.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Vattenfall Service Technicians will be required to perform maintenance programs on Vattenfall maintained assets, Wind Turbines, jacket foundations and offshore substation works. Vattenfall has a Site Manager, O&M Manager, and Service Leaders to monitor the performance of all the contractors and coordinate all the maintenance activities for the wind farm . The technicians report into the Vattenfall Site manager/Operations and Maintenance Manager.
Your responsibilities as a Service Technician Offshore Wind
• Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance in accordance with agreed method statements;
• Proactive identification and reporting of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic faults;
• Recommendations for improvement of operational procedures;
• Logging of service work into plant maintenance system;
• Applicants will be expected to work at heights and in an offshore environment;
• Fault finding and repair of turbine components;
• Involved in service work, involving heavy lifting operations using mobile cranes and lifting equipment;
• Fault finding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components;
• Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or system downtime;
• Complying with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR;
• Providing out of hours and weekend response to turbine breakdown;
• Complete service records and checklists (ie. AWPs, Method statements, etc);
• Interrogation and analysis of Wind turbine SCADA systems and CMS for proactive fault finding;
• Reporting all required details into Vattenfall SAP (Management System).
Your qualifications as a Service Technician Offshore Wind
• Electrical and/or mechanical apprenticeship
• Wind Turbine or similar technology back ground
• HV knowledge/ experience
• Good IT skills (Office applications and S.A.P system)
Excellent remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Position will be based in Aberdeen, Scotland but the successful candidate will be required to work for Ormonde and Aberdeen Wind Farms, as part of the initial training and development the first 12 months will be spent travelling to Ormonde, Barrow in Furness in Cumbria and to training centres across Europe. Aberdeen will be O&M ready in August 2018
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Kay van Emstede, Senior Recruiter, phone +31615604138 or mail kay.vanemstede@nuon
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 31 August 2017.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
In the UK we own and operate the Edinbane, Clashindarroch, Swinford, Pendine, and Parc Cynog onshore wind farms and the Thanet, Kentish Flats, KFE & Ormonde offshore wind farms. We have a significant portfolio of development projects on and offshore.
We look forward to your application!