Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is looking for an Accounting Professional within the Accounting organisation with the aim of securing correct Actuals in reporting for a number of business units located in Denmark. You will be part of the Record to Report (R2R) organisation within Group Finance, reporting to the Head of Accounting R2R Other Countries in Vattenfall Group, who is based in Denmark.
Accounting R2R is the function in Finance Business Support which provides the accounting expertise to the units in Vattenfall with a strong focus on quality and compliance. Accounting R2R is the Accounting expert for IFRS and the local GAAPs, preparing postings, managing the closings and the external audit, providing financial statements and acting as an interface to the external auditors. The function is organised in country specific teams for the General Accounting area and one Fixed Assets team across all countries.
You will become part of a fast growing organisation within renewable energy, where the Wind-business currently is installing Offshore capacity in 4 different wind-parks in Denmark, which will lead to a large increase of the turn-over, the balance-sheets and accounting complexity in the Danish Vattenfall business. This exciting growth will have to be serviced by you and your colleagues.
Outsourcing of Accounting processes to the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider Capgemini in 2018 will be a framework condition which will trigger further process development in addition to securing the delivery. We would like you to take on this change and contribute with your experience and energy to a successful transition and transformation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as an Accounting Professional:
You will act as Subject area specialists, assists all/selected companies within the Vattenfall group in Denmark with complex accounting matters related to the specific subject area. Moreover your duties will include -
• Act as accounting expert for IFRS and local GAAP, in this:
- Cooperate with Group Accounting to implement new accounting rules (IFRS) and across Accounting R2R teams for harmonised IFRS application
- Observe and implement local GAAP changes
- Support business at an early stage to clarify accounting effects in case of intended new contracts / business models / restructuring projects etc.
- Daily support of business in accounting matters
• Contribute to good relationships and good service towards internal customers
• Close co-operation with outsourcing partner Cap Gemini and other external service providers
• Legal entity responsibility for selected companies including balance sheet reviews
• Co-ordinating audit process for legal entities and implementing agreed upon recommendations in Finance area in co-operation with business divisions. Execute services with high quality and timeliness of the delivery following common processes, policies and guidelines
• Provide improvement ideas to process experts / process specialists
• Develop, maintain and operate certain internal controls
• Working hands-on in delivering Actual figures right and on time
• Participate in development projects
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Relevant University degree (e.g. Business / Accounting) or comparable other training and in-depth specialisation within relevant subject area
• Alternatively audit background with some seniority
• 3 to 5 years’ experience from working with relevant subject area within Finance operations
• Deep understanding of accounting rules (IFRS and statutory accounting rules)
• Good knowledge of Finance processes and systems
• Knowledge and experience in SAP, strong Excel-skills
• Full professional proficiency in English
• High sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a team
• Open attitude towards change
• Ability to work proactively and solution oriented
• Good communication skills, intercultural experience is an advantage
• Ability to work in large and complex organisations and to handle internal and external interfaces effectively
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the absolute best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Location: Kolding (DK)
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter +45 22 57 07 51
For inquires relating to the job content and scope feel free to contact manager Hans Werner Woltmann, +45 27 87 58 96
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is March 25th, 2018.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We look forward to your application!