Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Advanced Data Engineer, reporting to the Manager Certification & Interface Management in the BU Offshore of the BA Wind.
You will have the following key responsibilities
- Define and maintain the Vattenfall requirements on reference designation systems, based on the VGB RDS-PP T32 and underlying standards.
- Take the lead to align internal stakeholders including Operation & Maintenance, Data Analytics, Engineering, Document Management and other functions to utilize the reference designation system as a basis for continuous improvement and learning.
- Define and establish all required tools and processes to implement RDS-PP T32
- Support windfarm project teams in implementing the reference designation systems from the early development phase
- Support operational windfarm sites in the correct implementation and utilization
- Offer trainings and share knowledge with stakeholders
- Work at the forefront of becoming a data driven company
Your profile as Advanced Data Engineer
- Academic background
- 3 year experience in applicable area
- Technical background within wind or other generation assets preferred but not a must
- Experience in document and/or information management, reference designation systems (e.g. RDS-PP T32), libraries or related preferred
- Experience in ERP systems (e.g. SAP) advantageous
- Project management skills
- IT affinity and a flexible mindset to adapt to different system and process environments
- Ability to develop detailed solutions, while always maintaining a higher-level perspective
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people from various technical and non-technical disciplines
- Good stakeholder management and strong interpersonal skills and a passion for working in international and culturally diverse teams.
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written, German and/or Danish language skills nice to have
- Self-starter who is enthusiastic about the potential of digitalization and the realization of its opportunities
We are looking for a person that has the ability to simplify complexity yet is flexible enough to find the best ways forward. You are a team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help. You are also pro-active, transparent, performance and results oriented. Sound communication skills and ability to travel is a must.
The location of this position is flexible but Hamburg or Kolding preferred. Regular business trips are required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Philipp Degenhardt, Manager Certification & Interface Management, phone +49402718 2017. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 30th of May.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!