Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to archiving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for an Advanced Grid Study Engineer to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering. The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
Working within the Grid Management & Studies Team in Engineering, the Advanced Grid Study Engineer shall provide expertise on all types of electrical/power studies for Offshore & Onshore wind projects.
As part of the Grid Management & Studies team you will among others work in the following areas to support the design and grid compliance of solar and wind power plants:
• Steady state analysis including load flow- and short circuit calculations
• Harmonics analysis including harmonic stability and resonance analysis
• System studies including dynamic- and transient simulations
• Technical support to development, procurement and operation team
• Development of standards & guidelines for scope of team
• Be the team representative to development or delivery projects facilitating the required input of electrical studies.
• Support the team to collectively provide the electrical studies to the wind farm portfolio.
• Support for technical evaluation of the electrical equipment within wind power plants
• Review & comment on electrical studies from suppliers
• Participate in negotiation with TSO’s and suppliers
You are experienced in performing system studies for wind power plant connection and feels comfortable in guiding others as well. You have the following qualifications:
• B.Sc, M.Sc or PhD in Electrical engineering
• Minimum 3 years’ Experience in DIgSILENT PowerFactory and/or PSCAD
• Minimum 3 years’ work Experience within grid study
• Experience in functional leadership guiding others.
• High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
• Good English language skills
You have a high degree of self motivation and you often bring new ideas and approaches in work-related issues that can be transformed into action and give results.
You have a systematic and focused approach in your work and are strongly performance oriented, and like challenges. You possess good interpersonal skills works well with other people, and you have an innovative mindset.
The location for the position is either Kolding, Denmark or Hamburg, Germany.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
For your information
If you need more information as regards to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Brian Astrup, email@example.com.
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is January 27th 2019, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application,
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be a good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.