You might think that the energy sector is boring, slow and old fashion. But you couldn’t be more wrong!
At Vattenfall we want to help our customers power their lives in climate smarter ways and free from fossil fuel within one generation. We believe that digital solutions play a key role in redefining how energy is both consumed and produced. Our Digital transformation is a fundamental pillar in the journey to become fossil free in one generation. Driven by this belief, Vattenfall has decided to start an initiative to accelerate the Digital transformation of its Heat Business.
Vattenfall is in the beginning of a super exciting transformation and you would have all the possibilities to create outstanding results if you have the right mind, the brightest ideas and the will to take us to new heights of innovation!
Are you the Agile coach/Scrum Master we are looking for?
We are looking for the right person to work with us within the BA Heat Digital Accelerator. In this role you will contribute to the accelerated growth of digital initiatives within the BA Heat by supporting Agile product development teams on a day-to-day basis. You'll also be building processes and practices that will allow us to scale to the next level of delivery excellence.
• Establish and uphold Agile values and principles including collaboration, fostering a culture of openness, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs.
• Mentor and coach team members on Agile best practices and performance in their respective roles and work closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
• Identify and remove impediments, sharpen team focus, and operationalize continuous improvement with the team.
• Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment where open communication helps to bring issues to the surface for faster resolution where missteps are seen as learning opportunities.
• University degree
• Several years of experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean) in roles such as Agile Coach or Scrum Master
• Profound work experience in how to scale Agile in an enterprise organization.
• High motivated to contribute to the transformation of BA Heat (Agile and Digital transformation)
• Preferably IT or utility background
• Candidate should understand impediments as opportunities to change or dissolve existing constraints
• Confident personality as well as a structured and independent way of working
• Self-initiative, courage and pragmatism in order to identify and overcome impediments
• Good communication skills and is not afraid to deal with conflicts, can mediate them efficiently and contribute actively to a sustainable and collaborative, team-oriented culture
• Desire to optimise processes and workflows and joy working with people and team
• Should be able to draw motivation from the success of the team and the growth of individual team members
• Hands-on mentality
• Enjoy work while bringing in a sense of humour and optimism
• Fluent proficiency in English, German, Swedish or Dutch skills will be an additional asset
As a person
• Innovative and driven by inspiring creativity in other
• Strong communicator and able to convey a vision of what you wish to accomplish and why
• You are passionate about professional growth and development for yourself and others and continuously seek new learning through reading and attending other learning events
• You are open and informal in your interaction with stakeholders on all levels
• You have a positive mindset which enables you to persevere through adversity
What’s in it for you?
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and dynamic working environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job where you can play a part in shaping the digital future of our company. You will be working in a diverse and interdisciplinary team and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as “Ask and share” concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
What does the team say?
Markus: The team is motivating and we are “in a good flow”! You can ask others for help. What is important for me is that we are always looking forward and not backward!
Alexander: What I like is that there are competent, committed and smart people in this team and I can really develop here!
Esther: The international environment gets the ideas going and I love it that my team challenge the traditional way of thinking!
What does the manager say?
Lamin Faye: We are seeking for someone who has the capability to complete our team with her/his own personality and expertise, social skills and motivation. We have the luxury of experimenting with new things, tools and technologies, new ways of working and have a really good reputation within our organization.
Location and information
The location of this position is in either Solna or Berlin and for the right candidate we would support with a relocation package if needed. For more information about the recruitment process please contact Daniel Ruja via e-mail: email@example.com.
Stop whatever you are doing right now and apply to this job! Please remember that last day for application is 24th of January, 2019.
Write you CV and personal letter in English, as you will speak a lot of English.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
The BA Heat develops, operates, maintains and optimizes the entire business value chain of producing and supplying electricity, heating and cooling to more than 2 million customers in Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and the UK. We drive initiatives to grow in our markets and shape a sustainable portfolio.
In Vattenfall we believe that diversity is strength, especially in fields focused on creativity and innovation. Therefore we are uncompromising in employing people with different gender identities, ethnicities, ages, religions or other beliefs, disabilities and sexual orientations.
We look forward to seeing you!