Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission. In this position you will be working within the Vattenfall IT organization, specifically for the Business Area Wind.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT infrastructure services for the entire Vattenfall Group. It is an international shared service center, providing IT services and support. Vattenfall IT Infrastructure supports Vattenfall by having professional people, knowledgeable in both business and IT, integrating services to enable business functions, providing a helicopter view of required services, utilizing the external market and enforcing standardization in order to optimize cost efficiency.
What will you do?
As an Application Engineer you are responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance & support of (new) applications operated within IT used by Wind. Our mission is to become fossil free within one generation and in this role you are on the forefront of this mission. As Application Engineer you ensure that our people can work efficient, innovative and safe.
We are looking for several ambitious IT experts who want to learn, help to improve and innovate the IT delivery while supporting our journey to building up the IT department for Wind. The applications that we support are used to collect data from various sources in every stage of the life cycle of wind turbines: from measuring wind before the turbine is built, data analysis tools to design wind parks, while digital tracking of staff to assets during construction and survey during operation of the wind farm. Next to this there is an ‘ambitions digital roadmap’ to further enhance the Wind operations with efficient tooling and applications for optimizing asset maintenance, driving innovation and staff safety systems when working either at on- and offshore windfarms or large scale solar farms.
On a daily basis, you will:
Who are you?
- Make a pro-active contribution to the support and maintenance of applications
- Analyse and solve incidents and problems, key users and make error corrections
- Participate in a 24/7 on call duty for operational critical systems
- Analyse functional requirements for the business unit, key users or other stakeholders, investigate and make proposals and cost/effort estimations for potential solutions
- Make recommendations as a contribution to efficient decision making
- Consult and give advice, as well as makes proposals for solutions regarding one or more areas of expertise
- Configure the application and the environment so that the system design is durable and meets the business requirements
- Deploy software (application and databases), set-up interfaces between service provides
- Basic programming with the objective to link various applications and interfaces
- Carry out and document tests (unit, system, regression and integration tests)
- Support the business unit /key users in acceptance testing
- Work according to the processes, procedures and guidelines of the company, for example the ITIL processes
- Follow developments in the sector, identifies potential improvements in functionalities, performance and processes. Translate this data into concrete improvement proposals.
You have proven experience as an Application Engineer, you take ownership of applications across the IT- and Business domain. You have a strong drive to deliver, continuously look for improvements, think out-of-the box and find the right communication style to varied internal and external stakeholders. We expect you to demonstrate a flexible attitude in the fast changing energy generation landscape.
Furthermore, the following capabilities are essential in this job:
- Strong experience with Windows
- Affinity in relevant topics to Energy Production, Logistics or transaction processing
- Experience of ITIL processes and project management methods is preferred
- Experience or education in modern communication technologies (4G, 5G, LTE or Satellite) is preferred
The work location is Amsterdam. You may be required to become VCA-VOL and GWO certified due to nature of work at Wind assets. Yes, this means you may have to go to windfarms from time to time!
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter, before 25th of April 2019
. When you’re selected, a short screening call and 2 face to face interviews are part of the recruitment process.