Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Associate O&M Package Manager within Offshore O&M Delivery. Reporting to the Head of Day 1 Readiness, you will be responsible for all O&M activities and deliverables during the realisation phase of new offshore wind projects, driving implementation of the optimal O&M set-up and ensuring alignment with the asset management strategy.
Vattenfall’s purpose is to Power Climate Smarter Living, a key driver of which will see over 1GW of new offshore power generation coming into the operational portfolio in the coming years. Delivering on fleet synergies and leveraging world-class O&M capabilities will play a key role in realising this objective. In this position you will be responsible for driving reductions in the Levelized Cost of Energy, quantifying operational synergies across the fleet and managing both internal and external stakeholder relationships you will get to influence key investment decisions.
Your responsibilities as Associate O&M Package Manager
• Support the lead O&M Package Manager in the planning and execution of the strategic O&M plan for new offshore construction projects including logistics and optimal harbour selection; warehousing and office construction; and wider fleet integration
• Support in developing the maintenance and operational concepts for new sites including staffing plans, maintenance schedules, monitoring and inspection plans and spare parts requirements
• Involved in the negotiation of all service contracts such as the WTG service agreement and PPA
• Support in the evaluation of the OPEX and yield assumptions and help prepare financial plans for the new asset while managing dependencies to other packages of the wind farm, including scope or interface changes and maintaining the associated cost/risk impacts
• Support the O&M Delivery organisation in new project and drive collaboration with other key stakeholders, delivering a coherent transfer into operations and minimising quality or operational risk to the receiving organisation
• Plan and optimise the future wind farm operation and maintenance strategies through modelling logistics, turbine types, maintenance regimes and failure rates
• Interface with the O&M Roadmap in establishing a smooth take-over of the O&M project scope and lead it towards implementation and eventually deliverer the project to an operational wind farm. That should include the adequate technical, risk, commercial and operational assessment of the scope and ensure the execution of the defined strategy
• Project manage the scope and ensure timely delivery of O&M deliverables in advance of handover to Operations, ensuring all interim maintenance activities are completed
• Apply lessons learned and focus on the improvement of the department processes and tools
Your qualifications and core competences as Associate O&M Package Manager
• Educated to degree level in engineering, business or economics with a solid understanding of project management methodologies and business case evaluation
• A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience from the energy sector or a technical industry such as engineering or construction, with a strong focus on HSE. Offshore O&M wind knowledge from a development, project or asset management role desired together with experience working in international and cross-project teams
• Good commercial and financial acumen including an understanding of financial models and experience with OEM service contracts and power purchase agreements. Working knowledge of construction or O&G contracts such as FIDIC or LOGIC also beneficial
• Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently
• Well-rounded project management capabilities, accomplished at setting targets, planning resources, quantifying risks and tracking progress.
• Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations. A strong command of English (written and verbal) is a prerequisite for the role, while knowledge of Danish or another European is beneficial.
• A positive mindset with strong self-motivation and resilience, a flexible and proactive approach to tackling problems and comfortable at simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines
• Living our core principles; Active, Open, Positive, and Safety
By being part of Vattenfall you get good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is in London or Kolding. Regular business trips are required as part of this role.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter +45 22 57 07 51
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May 12th 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.