About the Company
Vattenfall is Europe’s fifth largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, the Benelux and the UK. Our strategy is to Power Climate Smarter Living with an ambition to be fossil free within one generation. Investments in wind power is an important cornerstone to deliver our ambition and we plan, build and own wind farms, solar assets and batteries in six countries, onshore and offshore. We have about 800 employees around Europe.
Overall purpose of the role:
The BU Offshore in BA Wind is responsible for developing, constructing and operating Offshore wind farms. BU Offshore currently consist of 11 operating windfarms with a total capacity of 1.7GW spread across Europe. We are currently constructing 2 wind farms for a total 1.0GW and are planning to start construction of other farms in the next few years. Furthermore we are developing plans for next Offshore wind farms in the countries we are operating in and are investigating entering new countries.
We are now looking for a Business Controller who can focus on two of our main O&M clusters in BU Offshore. In this role, you will be the finance business partner for the two O&M cluster managers and their MT’s. You will be the main finance interface to the business and provide steering information as well as challenge and support the business on their performance. Focus will be on value-optimizing site performance.
As part of the Offshore controlling team, you will have around three to four colleagues focusing on our operating fleet and within the Kolding office there will be around 5 colleagues in the finance community.
Responsibilities & Tasks
The following main tasks are in the responsibility of the Business Controller in the BU Offshore of BA Wind:
• Be the finance business partner for cluster/site managers;
• Provide support (and challenge) to these managers with timely analysis of their site performance, identifying trends/improvements and recommending actions to management;
• Provide timely and accurate information to support decision making;
• Actively take part in further developing the financial structures and related processes in the country
• Prepare the 5 year Business Plan and quarterly forecasts in co-operation with management;
• Participate in meetings with external partners to explain financial results of joint ventures;
• Ad hoc participation in project and strategic improvement initiatives.
• University degree in a relevant field (i.e. controlling, economics, accounting or finance)
• Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills;
• Working experience in SAP (or similar package)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within finance / business control.
• Strong Business acumen and analytical skills
• Experience within the energy market is of advantage
• International exposure, working in corporate environments desired
• Experience in handling different stakeholders and aligning their goals
Skills, knowledge, strengths
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing (Danish and English), managing expectations in a clear manner.
• Strong team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural teams
• Strong ability to structure, analyze and interpret financial and commercial issues, as well as presenting the information in a clear and concise format (also to non-financial people)
• Self starter with ability to work independently with a hands-on and pragmatic mind set.
The role will be based in Vattenfall´s office in Kolding.
Occasional international travel will be necessary.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 24th of April.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Director of Offshore Controlling, Jonas van Mansfeld +31 615830148
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg +45 22570751.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.