Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2015.
We are looking for a Business Controller for our Onshore Wind business in Denmark, covering both the assets we operate there, and the portfolio pipeline of projects being developed. You will be responsible for supporting the business with financial insight and analysis in a range of areas: from forecasting long-term spend and profitability of our assets, to analysing cost and performance drivers. You will report to the head of Business Control with dotted line reporting to the Department heads.
Main tasks & responsibilities as Business Controller:
• Support the portfolio and site management in Denmark with timely analysis of their financial performance.
• Financial planning of forecasts and cash needs of Wind assets and project portfolios
• Supporting Site and Asset managers with financial evaluation for asset management decisions (e.g.: investments & divestments)
• Monthly closing, reporting and analysis of financial results (including KPIs), with forward looking evaluation of spend related to both Project and O&M (ie Asset) programs.
• Reporting to and co-operation with co-owners of jointly-owned assets, together with colleagues from supporting Financial Control departments
• Support the interface between Asset team in DK and Vattenfall’s BA Markets teams, SCADA team in Denmark to help optimize revenues, clarify production data etc.
• Ad hoc participation in project and strategic improvement initiatives
• Co-operation on specific tasks with colleagues in 4 other countries
What we are looking for
• Requirement to speak and write Danish and English, good knowledge of Danish accounting rules and knowledge of the Danish tax regulation. Knowledge of IFRS and Danish GAAP is an advantage, but not required
• Experienced in explaining financial results and concepts to non-finance personnel
• Good business acumen and analytical skills. Knowledge of calculating business cases is an advantage
• Strong experience in excel, together with experience in building and managing a good structure for a vast range of financial data (pivots, v-lookups, etc)
• Be attentive to detail, while being able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
• Strong team player, with the flexibility to work with a network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural teams
• Ability to set goals and objectives, prioritize objectives and meet deadlines
• Experience in Business Controlling is an advantage, but if you are the right person we will secure the relevant training
• Experience in development and/or usage of a BI tool or project-related databases would be an advantage.
You are an enterprising, structured person who can create relations and are able to work in an international environment with colleagues and a manager in different locations. This also requires being visible and having strong communication skills. You have the ability to transfer conceptual ideas into practical solutions and you are proactive in business controlling and have a strong focus in business partnership. You have an understanding of key financial processes and like to work with figures and make thorough analyses without losing the big picture.
The location of this position is Esbjerg or Kolding. Regular business trips between the two offices will be required.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply August 20th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Alper Elmas, Director of Business Controlling, Onshore Wind in BA Wind, 46 707543605
If you have any questions about the recruiting process, please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.