Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest producers and suppliers of electricity and heat with operations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Business Development Manager, Vattenfall Heat UK within the new Business Unit Energy Solutions. The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden and the UK and will next expand into the Netherlands and offers decentralised, low carbon energy solutions for B2B customers. The UK business is growing successfully in the rapidly developing district and decentralised heat market in the UK.
Our property developer and property management customers across Europe are seeking new ways to manage energy, in which it becomes an asset for them with opportunity and risk to be managed and realised. In our solutions, heat networks and power networks are integrated and digitalized, generation technology is low and zero carbon, and customers are provided with a high level of service, underpinned by Vattenfall’s long experience in operating decentralized networks across Europe, where we serve 2.2 million heat customers.
As Business Development Manager Heat UK you will oversee the portfolio development of district heating projects with public sector partners – local authorities, hospitals and municipal energy companies. You will work with the Head of Marketing to structure our market engagement in the public sector, to develop winning propositions, and to establish high value relationships with decision-makers. You will build teams internally within the UK business to bid and win projects within this market including heat networks and decentralised energy projects.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- the positioning Vattenfall as reliable partner for District Heating;
- to engage with local authorities for district heating projects, with a particular focus to demonstrate feasibility;
- through a number of meetings, discussions and competitive processes, develop a deep understanding of customer drivers and pull together customised and unique propositions for each customer
- market analysis and business intelligence on UK district heating including policy development;
- coordinating in-house engineering, commercial and operations teams to put together compelling solutions
- to act as internal interface to other business development functions in the UK and ensure connected approaches to strategic markets such as large property developments
- to ensure that project related interfaces to external stakeholders are handled and authority requirements and constraints are properly integrated in the bids and proposals.
- To win and close contracts!
You are a great communicator, capable of enthusing stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, including central government, local authority officials and real estate developers. Your commercial mind helps you to strike the right balance between Vattenfall’s and each stakeholder’s interests. You will bring experience and understanding of public sector energy policy and procurement processes. You will ideally have been part of a team which delivered a heat network either as a buyer in a local authority or as a supplier or service provider. We seek a dedicated and self-motivated individual with a good broad skill set, strong contractual skills, commercial experience, and a basic understanding of low carbon generation technologies.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience within development of energy projects, preferably with a district heating component;
- Preferably, experience with developing and nurturing commercial relationships with customers of capital projects
- First-hand experience of public sector procurement and the nuances of managing and developing compelling bids within strict procurement criteria and processes.
- Strong team-builder, able to inspire and energise those around you, including non-direct reports and virtual teams. Able to build internal consensus.
- Naturally innovative, and entrepreneurial approach to challenges – able to self-solve problems and navigate uncharted waters.
The location of this position is London.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Caroline Smid, phone +31615604138.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 21st of October.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living - building by building, district by district, city by city
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!