Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are looking for a Cable Design Engineer to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the Cable Design Engineer will be the working across the full portfolio (all countries) and lifetime (product development, project delivery and operations) and provide technical expertise primarily on matters related to cable design.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments
- Provide technical expertise to on cable design, manufacture, testing and commissioning activities. Deliver high quality and robust reports/recommendations to support technical findings
- Build tools and processes as well as technical requirements giving central guidance on design and specification of cable systems
- Using finite element analysis software to carry out cable rating assessments for both development operational and operational sites
- Conduct investigations and root cause analysis on existing cable assets
- Coordination of cable design and dimensioning process for AC and DC products towards projects and support to business case preparation for multiple development projects
- Working with supply chain to review and improve cable technology to maximise Levelized Cost of Energy while maintaining quality and reliability of supplied cable and accessories
- Pro-active sharing knowledge and engaging as cable engineer within a team of other specialists in UK, Denmark and Germany
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
- Both practical and theoretical experience with cable and accessory design, manufacture and testing
- Experience with of working within cable/accessory production facilities
- Good English language skills and preferable also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel and work offshore
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
- Having worked e.g. with cable manufacturer, engineering company with dedicated cable competence or certification body
The role will be located in our Hamburg Office, with frequent travel to other office locations and suppliers anticipated.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 23 May 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!