Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to archiving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Cable Engineer – Termination and Testing to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the Cable Engineer – Termination and Testing shall provide expertise to multiple delivery projects as well as provide a focal point for cable and accessories termination/testing competence within the Engineering functional unit.
In addition to core termination and testing scope, responsibilities shall include cable stripping and routing, temporary/permeant hang-off arrangements and earthing concept within the WTG foundation and tower bottom.
Key Responsibilities as Cable Engineer: Termination and Testing;
• Work with various engineering disciplines to support the optimisation of WTG foundation/tower arrangement from a cable installation, termination and testing perspective
• Liaison with supplier/contractors responsible for the cable Termination & Testing scope on delivery projects, including fibre optic cable
• Review of supplier/contractor Termination & Testing procedures for both existing and future cable systems
• Assurance and control of termination processes to ensure all delivery projects meet the highest technical and quality standards
• Coordination of quality surveillance and client representatives during offshore execution for delivery projects
• On-site technical support during offshore execution
• Support interface towards commissioning teams, ensuring termination and testing aligns with relevant contactor and Vattenfall Safe Systems of Work
• Review of test procedures against relevant standards and specific Employers Requirements
• Review of As-Built documentation and test results and approval to ensure cable systems meet appropriate acceptance criteria
• Focal point for collection and actioning of lessons learnt and technical development for testing and termination scope, ensuring knowledge within the functional unit is up to date and communicated to all product and asset projects effectively.
Qualification as Cable Engineer: Termination and Testing:
• Graduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent technical university degree
• Experience of high voltage systems and engineering
• Good knowledge of electrical standards and safety rules
• Extensive working experience and proven track record within large-scale offshore construction, ideally in submarine cables or offshore commissioning.
• Proactively identifying, tracking and solving technical tasks including risks and opportunities in the project
• Ability to lead a small team and to create a motivating working environment
• Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
We offer a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Kolding Denmark, Hamburg Germany
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Manager Ian Baker, phone +44 7976783717
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply January the 20th 2019.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.