Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are looking for a Cable Product Manager to work within our Business Area (BA) Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within BA Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects to drive technical excellence through the whole project lifecycle.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the Cable Product Manager shall be responsible for delivering Inter-Array as well as HVAC and HVDC Export Cable solutions to be deployed in a range of different offshore wind projects.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the Cable Product development, including both Inter-Array as well as HVAC and HVDC Export Cables and Accessories, within the Transmission Roadmap
- Identify the technology needs for Vattenfall’s offshore wind project pipeline and align engineering and supply chain engagement activities to meet these requirements
- Work with Procurement Category Management to develop the supplier strategy and drive supplier interaction
- Drive safety by design through the entire project lifecycle
- Engage with the Electrical & SCADA functional unit to ensure that relevant technical and project engineering resources are allocated to the Cable Roadmap activities
- Work with the relevant technical experts within the Electrical & SCADA functional unit to ensure solutions are suitably captured within relevant technical guidelines, standards and specifications
- Play an active role in promoting and embedding the technology Roadmap model within Vattenfall BA Wind activities
- Work with the Vattenfall R&D department on technical developments
- Quality assurance of the technical specifications and requirements describing the products
What we are looking for:
- Strong HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer wind farm projects
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
- Degree level educated in electrical/power systems or other engineering discipline
- Min 5 years of experience within cable engineering
- Demonstrable experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of subsea cable systems
- Experience in developing technologies from concept to commercial availability
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind
- Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage
- Flexible approach to travel and working offshore
Choice of Vattenfall locations at Hamburg, London or Kolding.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 28 May 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!