Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
For our Civil and Structural Engineering department within Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Civil Design Manager to aid Vattenfall and especially our foundation teams in continuously being able to deliver state-of-the-art foundations for our windfarms within budget and time.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities and being part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind, you may be the person we are looking for.
The Civil and Structural department is the competence centre for all civil and structural related aspects of a wind farm on- and offshore, supplying cradle to cradle services, technical competences and project management all under one roof. We build on continuous improvement and entrepreneurial mind-set in order to set the standard for future wind foundations.
As one of our Civil Design Managers you will become a key member of our Civil Package project teams. Your main responsibility will be focused around the design of foundations for a specific project but you will work together with our internal design team and thereby impacting the overall design philosophy. In addition you will also engage external consultants for tasks not handled within Vattenfall´s organization.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Plan and execute the detailed design of our offshore wind farm projects.
• Management of project plans securing timely delivery.
• Take proactive ownership of all design related issues.
• Lead the internal or external design team.
• Secure timely Certification of design.
• Execute tenders for external consultancy services.
• Coordination with internal and external stake holders, incl. WTG suppliers, Installation and Manufacturing Contractors.
• Ensure design input during construction and installation e.g. management of NCR´s, TQ´s, VOR´s.
• Identifying key areas of optimization both site specific and on general level.
• Review the foundation design and ensure alignment across all design disciplines.
You are a structural engineer to the bone, but you also possess the ability to see things from the helicopter and can advise and help based on your knowledge and know how. You have an innovative mind-set and can see yourself working in an environment where we value entrepreneurship, the pragmatic approach and helpfulness in our daily work. You can work self-dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You show initiative and have a flexible approach to your work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners. You are working result-oriented and meet required deadlines.
• B.Sc or M.Sc degree in structural engineering or equivalent.
• More than 3 years of experience within design of offshore renewables.
• You have experience with executing at least one, but preferable two detailed foundation designs of offshore wind farms either as Civil Design Manager, Project Manager or Primary Steel Lead.
• Experienced with structural design codes such as e.g. DNV, ISO, API and EC
• You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
• Experience with monopile and jacket design preferred.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Flexible in Denmark, but occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hans Jessen Jensen, Head of Design & Structural Engineering on +45 27 87 49 78
For more information about the recruitment process contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on + 45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May 27th 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues, Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in Northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.