Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as onshore Civil Project Engineer, in our Business Area Wind, a part of the Vattenfall Organisation.
Vattenfall is aiming to build its first subsidy free onshore wind farm in the near future. Understanding the technology which is able to realize this objective will be a key success factor. In this position you will be responsible for the Civil Works elements within dedicated onshore wind projects across all of Vattenfall´s wind power development locations in northern Europe.
The successful candidate will identify key cost-drivers and devise and implement initiatives to maximize LEC (levelized energy costs) reductions, while ensuring safe practice throughout the construction and operational lifetime of the wind farm. Tailoring the standard Employer´s Requirements to a project-specific situation will be vital in realizing Vattenfall´s ambition of developing the most optimal and productive wind projects in a subsidy-free future.
Building and maintaining a solid network of external specialist consultants to provide support at key stages throughout the development timeline will be vital for the role.
Your main responsibilities and work tasks as Civil Project Engineer
Your qualifications as Civil Project Engineer
- First point of contact for all civil Works (Balance of Plant) related tasks in a wind project;
- Owner of the project-specific civil works-related Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Employer´s Requirements;
- Manage the technical aspects of the civil works contract;
- Responsible for all civil engineering aspects of wind park design throughout the project development timeline, including; pre-studies, Environmental Impact Assessment (EAI)/permitting process, tendering and Employer´s Requirements;
- Prepare site feasibility studies, due diligence assessments and risk evaluations;
- Determine the most likely WTG foundation types, access routes and preliminary site road layouts;
- Deliver civil works likely CapEx estimations as input to the project business case;
- Prepare contract specifications, technical requirements and tender documentation for the WTG and Balance of Plant tenders;
- Site visits to conduct early-phase studies and also during/post construction to carry out inspections.
Our successful candidate has a Master degree Civil Engineering. You have a very good command of English. Proven track record in civil engineering (concrete foundations) and Project Management competences.
- Geotechnical experience;
- Experience with setting up technical employer requirements;
- Experienced in performing technical design reviews;
- Experience in performing Risk assessments;
- Networking skills with preferable an existing network with civil contractors;
- Ability to translate technology choices into costs;
- Preferably experience with Product Engineering, Reliability Modelling and Costs modelling
- You recognize yourself in the following: Excellent analytical skills; Good inter-personal skills; Structured worker with ability to structure work of others; Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
The location of this position is Hexham (UK) or Amsterdam (NL). Regular business trips are required.Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is August 10th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.More information
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruitment, phone +31615604138 or mail firstname.lastname@example.orgOur organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.We look forward to your application!