Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The purpose of Controlling Offshore is to be the financial business partner for Offshore Management providing insight and direction to support value-based decision making in order to drive excellent business performance for Offshore projects and assets.
We´re now looking for a Claims Manager in BU Offshore Wind.
The Claims Manager is facilitating construction projects mainly (from small Onshore projects 50MEUR value to large Offshore projects 1.000MEUR) but also existing Wind Farms with advise on how to approach claims towards suppliers and vice versa. With this advice management is able to determine the claims strategy and optimise our claim value.
The Claims Manager is directly reporting in the line to the Director of Controlling Offshore in BA Wind. In the projects/sites he/she is reporting to the Project Director’s/Commercial Project Managers and/or Site Management.
Key responsibilities and mandate
- Advise projects and sites on contract status/situation and increase/protect value of the project by proposing the right claims strategy and advice in (potential) disputes with suppliers.
- Be part of the team in the regular End of warranty claim analysis for Wind Farms
- Drive process improvement: Educate the commercial contract managers and project managers of how to set-up their supplier contracts in a “smart” way. The aim of this is to limit claim risks or taking conscious supplier (performance) risk in larger contracts. In addition advice process owners of required changes needed in standard contracts.
Key deliverables and activities
- Policies - The Claims Manager sets out direction for how to frame the parts of the standard contract that relate to claims/performance on the basis of Vattenfalls demand/behaviour and value contribution. This is aligned with (commercial) project management.
- Realisation in projects and sites - The Claims Manager ensures that the projects/sites are informed in detail about how to approach suppliers in case of disputes/claims on performance. If needed the Claims Manager participates in supplier meetings concerning claims/disputes.
- Process improvement - The Claims Manager analyses and monitors the business processes and the organisational structure and initiates and puts through relevant improvements in relation to claims management.
- Coaching - The Claims Manager gives direction to contract managers and project staff by setting out clear frameworks within by the staff can improve their value to the project / site.
- Reports - The Claims Manager ensures that periodic reports, both quantitative and qualitative, are made, in such a way that his/her manager has optimal information about the current and future state of affairs and can take corrective measures if necessary.
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in a Vattenfall/BA Wind main location. Regular business trips are required.
Required education and work experience
- Relevant Bachelor or Master degree (law, economics, engineering)
- Between 5-10 years of relevant experience in managing contracts in large projects, experience is needed in the field of e.g. contract management, quantity surveying and/or arbitration.
- Experience with managing different stakeholders (and levels)
- Fluent English language
Who are you
- You are that pro-active person giving the independent advise to all levels, also able to challenge upper Management and come up with suggestions
- You have that positive drive to search for process improvement continuously
- You are open and create transparency in complex and difficult contract situations
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 24th of August.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Jonas van Mansfeld, Director of Business Controlling Offshore Wind in BA Wind, +31615830148
If you have any questions about the recruiting process, please contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31615604138
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.