Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Commercial Contract Manager reporting to the Head of Contract Management & Planning in BA Wind. As Commercial Contract Manager you will have a key role within a project, being responsible for contractual and commercial issues during development and execution phase of multi-contract offshore wind projects.
As Commercial Contract Manager you will be allocated to one of our (development or construction) projects with the following key responsibilities:
- Commercial responsibility for the day to day management of EPCI contracts, variations and claims
- Implementation, coordination and management of necessary contract management processes
- Alignment with legal services and risk management, insurance, claims management and controlling specialists
- Regular review of contract management strategy, financial results and forecasts and assessment hereof in cooperation with the Commercial Project Manager and commercial support functions
- Provide advice on commercial and contractual topics to Package & Project Managers
- Ensure the delivery of the contractual scope in time, budget and quality needed without compromising on health & safety
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders, supply chain and consultants
- Support Head of Contract Management & Planning in particular to ensure that lessons learned are being identified and transferred to future projects
What we are looking for:
Candidates for this post are likely to be procurement / commercial / supply chain / contract management specialists, with a broad based technical background and first class commercial skills. Supply chain, logistics and/or commercial management experience will have been gained in complex roles including joint ventures and large capital projects with responsibility for delivery to a profit & loss account. Competences will preferably have been gained in highly regulated industries (e.g. offshore, renewables, rail, oil and gas, nuclear or chemical industry).
- Relevant experience in contract management environment, with at least 4-5 years of demonstrable contracting and claims management experience in major CAPEX and OPEX contexts
- General engineering, technical or commercial qualification, graduate level or equivalent
- Both a leader and a team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial contract and negotiation skills and experience
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales
- An eye for detail
- Experience in managing budgets
- Results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
- Knowledge of FIDIC and LOGIC contracts would be a distinctive advantage
The location of this position is flexible to the Vattenfall/BA Wind main locations, but preferable Kolding or Hamburg. Regular business trips are required.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is December 29th 2017.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact our Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +4940790227786 or Head of Contract Management & Planning, Kristiane Hoch-Eckart, +4915254627673.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!