Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Commercial Manager in BA Wind. As Commercial Manager you will have a key role within a project, being responsible for contractual and commercial issues during execution phase of multi-contract offshore wind projects.
As Commercial Manager you are reporting to the Head of Contract Management & Planning, but will be allocated to a specific project, and assure that there is a red line for the applied technologies with the following key responsibilities:
- Ensures that contractual variations and changes or claims with regard to the scope of delivery and services, prices, timeline or other contractual agreements are enforced and up-to-date
- Regular review of contract management strategy, results and forecasts in conjunction with the Commercial Project Manager and commercial support
- Leads package in variation requests and/or notices from a contractor (key interfaces are the package manager, procurement and legal)
- Manage proactively the contracts to ensure a full alignment of the project team with given contractual requirements as well as on the commercial alignment of work progress with the defined project budget
- Support with early and holistic preparation and documentation of dispute readiness documentation
- Support the procurement manager, package manager, commercial project manager and project director with the contractual arrangements, management and award of contracts
- Involved in project lifecycle from design through to construction phase, interfacing with and managing relationships with external contractors and internal stakeholders
- Preparation, coordination and management of necessary contract management processes
- Reviewing Employer’s Requirements, contract standards, and technical specifications of complex ECPI Contracts
- Develop department / function to ensure future business needs are met
What we are looking for
Candidates for this post are likely to be procurement / commercial / supply chain / contract management specialists, with a broad based technical background and first class commercial skills.
Supply chain, logistics and/or commercial management experience will have been gained in complex roles including joint ventures and large capital projects with responsibility for delivery to a profit & loss account. Competences will preferably have been gained in highly regulated industries (e.g. offshore, renewables, oil and gas or chemical industry).
- Both a leader and a team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships
- Graduate degree in a commercial subject, quantity surveying, engineering or equivalent with relevant commercial work experience in large scale project execution
- Commercial management experience will have been gained in complex roles including joint ventures and/or in major CAPEX and OPEX contexts, in offshore renewables or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of FIDIC and LOGIC contracts, legal and commercial contract terms
- Strong commercial contract and negotiation experience
- Working experience and proven track record of delivering capital projects and the ability to interpret contractual and claim management topics
- Good understanding of construction terminology, progress calculation methods, programmes of work and project timelines
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate a large amount of information and to present the information in a clear and structured format
- You are living up to the experience principles (Open-Active-Positive-Safety) of Vattenfall
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in cross-functional teams with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships
The location of this position is flexible to the Vattenfall/BA Wind main locations (Hamburg, Kolding, London or Amsterdam). Regular business trips are required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
The Contract Management & Planning department is supporting all Offshore Windfarm Projects from development until hand over to O&M Delivery. Our mission is to deliver high-performing offshore windfarms in collaboration with our suppliers according to cost, time and defined quality standards and with safety as our highest priority. We build on continuous improvement and entrepreneurial mind-set.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Last day to apply is October 26th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact our Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +4940790227786 or the Head of Contract Management & Planning, Kristiane Hoch-Eckart, +4915254627673.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!