Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are looking for the right person to fill the position as Commissioning Manager reporting to the Manager of Construction & Commissioning Offshore in Bunsiness Area Wind. A Commissioning Manager will be the right hand to the department manager and will not be allocated to a specific project.
The Commissioning Manager is expected to:
- Be responsible for the overall management, execution and coordination of offshore commissioning activities.
- Produce and maintain a robust commissioning plan with all supporting documentation and procedures for commissioning activities.
- Control all work and operation of the electrical system so as to ensure the safety of employees, contractors and others that may be affected by the work or operation of the electrical system.
- Implement and administer the Vattenfall Electrical Safety Rules for offshore windfarm work activities in such a way so as to ensure that high HSSE standards are maintained.
- Design commissioning activities so as to ensure a fast ramp up of windfarm production by minimising the offshore working time required to bring newly constructed plant into an operational state.
- Ensure wind farm commissioning teams are sufficiently resourced, trained and organised
- Maintain a transparent and open communication link to the line organisation and management.
- Ensure good coordination and communication between all parties associated with the project
- Maintain an overview of the manufacturing, testing, construction, installation and commissioning activities of contractors and suppliers to secure commissioning objectives.
- Provide guidance and ensure compliance with country (NL, DK, DE, UK) specific legislation and regulations with respect to electrical activities.
- Manage and oversee the safety, coordination and daily activities of the authorised and competent persons.
- Control of operational procedures related to energisation of substations, cables, switchgear and turbines.
- Ensure grid code compliance testing is adequately specified and carried out
- Manage and operate the electrical system until such time that the Vattenfall Operations department is ready to take full control of the system.
- Ensure a smooth handover of the safe system of work and supporting information required for operations to the Vattenfall Operations team including, provision of as-built information and pertinent operation manuals.
- Training and integration of Vattenfall Operations staff with the Commissioning team in preparation for handover.
- Use knowledge, experience and sound judgement to lead all aspects of offshore windfarm commissioning work.
Experience and Qualifications Background:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar, or alternatively a qualified and certified Electrician with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Senior Authorised Person.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, offshore wind experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the management of electrical safety on large scale electrical power plant construction projects.
- Experience with the control of MV/HV electrical equipment as well as switching operations experience.
- MV/HV systems commissioning knowledge and experience.
- Good knowledge of, and experience working with, grid code and grid connection requirements.
- Business level English language ability, written and spoken.
Required Personal Skills:
- Highly committed person with a high degree of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative mind set.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in an international team environment and interface with a broad range of co-workers and contractors spread over multiple locations.
- Sound knowledge of the technical aspects needed to manage contractors, and an accountable person who can make appropriate decisions even under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to manage and coordinate people.
- Well organised and structured work approach.
- A genuine interest in renewable energy and environmental issues.
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in Amsterdam, London, Hamburg or Kolding. Regular business trips are required.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Girshen Padayachee on +4915254626639. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is 23rd of June.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to your application!