Do you want to shape the future?
BA Markets is now looking for the right person to fill the position as
Commodity markets analyst
reporting to the Head of Analysis in OU Operations.
The location of this position is flexible (Hamburg or Stockholm).
Your job as a Commodity Markets Analyst:
- Provide stakeholders with value creating fuel market analysis. Prime focus on gas and CO2 in the term market and beyond
- Support business decisions based on your analysis findings, being closely connected to the front offices
- Further develop the fundamental knowledge of fuels and carbon within BA Markets and beyond, through model development and runs, own analysis, and being part of relevant knowledge exchange for a
- Further develop fundamental market models with focus on commercial usability and acceptance, and promote their use in the front offices
- Provide input to the regular markets reports to EGM and Board of Directors
- Contribute to the development of the analytics profession at Analysis through leading development assignments, interaction with other analysts, sharing results and solving problems together
Your profile as a Commodity Markets Analyst:
- You have the business understanding to judge how your work creates most value for your customers, and are able to prioritize work accordingly
- You enjoy solving complex problems and learning every day
- You can combine quantitative and qualitative information across multiple sources and multiple markets, and are able to structure information quickly
- You can develop your own tools to analyse
- You enjoy working in teams and cross-functional groups while being able to work independently
- You have good cooperation and communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information and manage different stakeholders
- Academic degree (technical or natural science, or economics)
- Good working knowledge of the dynamics of at least one commodity market – gas knowledge a strong plus
- > 2 years experience in energy market related modelling and/or analysis
- Strong command of Matlab, GAMS or similar programming languages
- Experience leading assignments or projects
- Experience in operational excellence is a plus
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer:
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competi-tive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. We are located in multiple sites in Europe with more than 650 professionals in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark and Poland. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions and take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits. We optimise and hedge Vattenfall’s generation assets in order to manage risk efficiently and optimise the portfolio value. These activities are the basis for maximising profitability and ensuring continuous business growth for Vattenfall and its customers.
OU Operations’ role is to enable business, providing a wide-range of support and advice to units across BA Markets as well as playing a key role in some Group-wide activities. OU Operations strives to be a trusted, knowledgeable, innovative and proactive partner in business. Within OU Operations, Analysis enables decision making in BA Markets and beyond, by providing models and analyses on commodity markets, deals and assets.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Maria de Kleijn +31652599305.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Sarah Osswald +494079022 7788.
We are looking forward to your application!