Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for the right person to fill the position as Construction Engineer reporting to the Manager of Construction & Commissioning Offshore in Bunsiness Area Wind. A Construction Engineer can be assigned to various projects within BA Wind, including projects in the development, execution and finalisation phases.
The Construction Engineer is expected to:
- Be part of the project development organisation to ensure that future projects are prepared and organised to include activities as described in below responsibilities and ensure early involvement of the Construction Support Organisation.
- Manage a control system that plans and prioritises construction work.
- Communicate with all Project Package Managers sufficiently so that individual contractors’ technical constraints and commercial drivers are clearly understood, and that achieved progress is correctly logged.
- Liaise with Project Construction Manager so that priorities and changes are understood.
- Manage a team of offshore Vattenfall representatives.
- Prioritise access to site in case of conflicts arising from the activity forecast.
- Liaise with Work Vessel co-ordinator to ensure that daily coordination is carried out effectively.
- Ensure that the Activity Forecast complies with the Project Plan.
- Manage support works contracts.
- Ensure that the directives given for the prioritisation of the offshore construction work do not compromise the safety of the marine work force.
- Conduct various other tasks as required for the daily running of the Construction Support office.
- Use knowledge, experience and sound judgement to drive all aspects of offshore windfarm construction work.
Experience and Qualifications Background:
- Bachelors/Masters engineering degree, or alternatively a Master Mariner Certificate combined with a minimum of 3 years of offshore construction experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Good commercial and legal understanding including LOGIC and FIDIC contract forms.
- Must have a strong understanding of the HSE principles applying to the offshore industry and be committed to always seek to improve the standards.
- Have a good understanding of offshore wind project logistics and relevant offshore technologies such as heavy lift, jack-up vessel, cable laying, surveying, diving, dynamic positioning, etc.
- Have a good understanding of the safe operation of medium and high voltage electrical systems.
- Business level English language ability, written and spoken.
Required Personal Skills:
- A highly committed person with a high degree of flexibility and self-motivation.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative mind set.
- Well organised and a structured work approach.
- The ability to manage and coordinate people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in an international team environment and interface with a broad range of co-workers and contractors spread over multiple locations.
- Sound knowledge of the technical aspects needed to manage contractors, and an accountable person who can make appropriate decisions even under challenging circumstances.
- A genuine interest in renewable energy and environmental issues.
The location of this position is flexible, preferably in Amsterdam, London, Hamburg or Kolding. Regular business trips are required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Girshen Padayachee on +4915254626639. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is 26th of February.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!