Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Construction Engineer for the department Construction & Commissioning Offshore, reporting to the Manager of Construction & Commissioning Offshore within BA Wind. As a Construction Engineer within the Offshore Construction Support organisation you will be responsible for the safe and timely construction of Vattenfall’s offshore wind farms.
As a Construction Engineer for Construction & Commissioning Offshore you will be assigned to various projects within BA Wind, including projects in the development, execution and finalisation phases.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Be part of the project development organisation to ensure that future projects are prepared and organised to include activities as described in below responsibilities and ensure early involvement of the Construction Support Organisation.
- Manage a control system that plans and prioritises construction work.
- Communicate with all Project Package Managers sufficiently so that individual contractors’ technical constraints and commercial drivers are clearly understood, and that achieved progress is correctly logged.
- Liaise with Project Construction Manager so that priorities and changes are understood.
- Manage a team of offshore Vattenfall representatives.
- Prioritise access to site in case of conflicts arising from the activity forecast.
- Liaise with Work Vessel co-ordinator to ensure that daily coordination is carried out effectively.
- Ensure that the Activity Forecast complies with the Project Plan.
- Manage support works contracts.
- Ensure that the directives given for the prioritisation of the offshore construction work do not compromise the safety of the marine work force.
- Various other tasks as required for the daily running of the Construction Support office.
The role will be flexible in terms of base location (Hamburg/ Kolding/ Esbjerg). During the planning phase frequent trips will be required to the Hamburg, Esbjerg and/or Kolding project offices. If required you will also be expected to work on projects across our offshore portfolio. You will be using your knowledge, experience and sound judgement to drive all aspects of offshore windfarm construction work.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors/Masters engineering degree, or alternatively a Master Mariner Certificate combined with a minimum of 3 years of offshore construction experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Have good commercial and legal understanding including LOGIC and FIDIC contract forms.
- Must have a strong understanding of the HSE principles applying to the offshore industry and be committed to always seek to improve the standards.
- Have a good understanding of offshore wind project logistics and relevant offshore technologies such as heavy lift, jack-up vessel, cable laying, surveying, diving, dynamic positioning, etc.
- Have a good understanding of the safe operation of medium and high voltage electrical systems.
- Business level English language ability, written and spoken.
- A background in the offshore windfarm engineering and construction industry is preferred.
Required Personal Skills:
- You are a highly committed person with a high degree of flexibility and self-motivation.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You have strong analytical skills and an innovative mind set.
- You are well organised and approach your work in a structured way.
- You have the ability to manage and coordinate people.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in an international team environment and interface with a broad range of co-workers and contractors spread over multiple locations.
- You have sound knowledge of the technical aspects needed to manage contractors, and you are an accountable person who can make appropriate decisions even under challenging circumstances.
- You have a genuine interest in renewable energy and environmental issues.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact our Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +4940790227786 or the hiring manager Girshen Padayachee on +4915254626639.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!