Do you want to contribute to the first subsidy free Offshore Windfarm?
For our prestigious, subsidy free, Hollandse Kust 1 & 2 Project we are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Construction Site Assistant.
Overall purpose of the role:
As a Construction Site Assistant you are the central point of contact in the Construction Support team and a helping hand for the Construction Manager and the whole Construction Support team. You will support and guide the Construction Support team in assuring a structured overview of offshore construction, installation and commissioning activities at the offshore windfarm construction site. You will play a key role in providing assistance to the Construction Manager and as a project management team member will be involved in the organizational, controlling and reporting processes associated with the Construction Support areas of responsibility. You will be accountable for these processes both from a time and quality point of view and will be required to continuously improve and optimize them where needed.
A Construction Site Assistant can be assigned to various projects within BA Wind, including projects in the development, execution and finalisation phases.
The Construction Site Assistant is expected to:
- Update distribution lists for daily progress reports (DPRs), weather forecasts, daily construction reports (DCRs), etc.
- Be the administrator of the people tracking systems.
- Act as a contact person for contractors on administrative matters.
- Act as a contact person for visitors of the site office.
- Provide support for the Construction Support team.
- Provide support for the Construction Manager on commercial issues.
- Assist with the creation of purchase requests and the sourcing of necessary items for the project and the Construction Support team.
- Complete ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Assist with the setting up and coordination of limited scope work packages and/or offshore campaigns.
Experience and Qualifications Background:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Good commercial and legal understanding.
- Solid understanding of the general technical aspects of construction work.
- Must have a strong understanding of the HSE principles applying to the offshore industry.
- Business level English language ability, written and spoken.
Required Personal Skills:
- A highly committed person with a high degree of flexibility and self-motivation.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and a structured work approach.
- Technical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in an international team environment and interface with a broad range of co-workers and contractors spread over multiple locations.
- A genuine interest in renewable energy and environmental issues.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is Amsterdam.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruitment, phone +31615604138.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is June, 21st.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!