Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Contract Manager/Commercial Manager. The position is located in Hamburg.
Formally reporting to the Head of Operations, the Contract Manager/Commercial Manager will support the Head of Operations regarding all contractual relationships within NorTwiN, containing DanTysk and Sandbank Find Farms. The Contract Manager/Commercial Manager will be responsible for the commercial interface with the Grid Operator.
Your job as Contract Manager/Commercial Manager:
- Running the day-to-day contractual operations
- Responsibility on commercial tasks including claims towards the contractors
- Contact person to internal stakeholders
- Act as contract manager for the operating site incl. steering the warranty and claim processes
- Coordination tender processes together with the procurement department
- Coordinate the business planning process during operations with support of BU controller
- Monthly reporting in regards to contractual updates
- Preparation of presentations for internal decision making up until board level
- Coordination of project reporting to governing bodies
- Contact person for SAP related topics
- Act as Risk Manager for the operating site
- Coordinate decision taking processes
- Coordinate the obligations under the Operations Management Agreement
Your profile as Contract Manager/Commercial Manager:
- You are holding a university degree with commercial focus
- Project management skills, preferably IPMA certified
- Candidates for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in large industrial projects, preferably offshore renewables, offshore oil and gas, or similar complex industries
- Offshore wind experience
- Experience in change management as well as contract management
- Strong manager and team player, with the ability to influence a wide network of co-worker relationships
- Excellent English and German communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work within multi-cultural teams
- Eye for detail
- Be result-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
- Flexibility to travel 2 to 3 days a week (mainly between Hamburg and Esbjerg)
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact our Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +4940790227786 or the Hiring Manager Christof Huß +4915254622812.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!