The Business Area Heat, part of Vattenfall, is now looking for the right person to fill the position of
Cost Engineer (f/m/d)
in our offices in Amsterdam or Berlin.
The position is in the department Engineering within Business Area Heat, Operation Unit Heat Projects for projects in Germany, The Netherlands and Sweden and the UK.
Your Job as Cost Engineer (f/m/d)
As Cost Engineer (f/m/d) you will primarily be responsible for definition, implementation and execution of an effective and consistent cost estimating process. Actual cost estimating in projects might be done by others, but always according the defined cost estimating process and with guidance of the Cost Engineer (f/m/d).
- Developing / Supporting the development of base cost estimates for projects
- Providing standards, guide and review cost estimates prepared by others on realism, consistency, errors or omissions and alignment with project scope, base of estimate and risks
- Maintaining a network of external consultancy companies that may be involved in cost estimating activities for our projects. Establishing clear expectations and requirements with them concerning cost estimates.
- Facilitating the risk based contingency assessment process
- Setup and maintaining an internal experience databases with developed and executed projects for benchmarking and validation purposes
- Sharing knowledge of cost estimating with team members and internal stakeholders through training, promotion of best practices and provide ongoing expert support
Besides the cost engineering expertise you also have relevant experience in another engineering discipline (engineering management, process, civil, mechanical, electrical or I&C). You will report to the Manager Development Engineering.
- Relevant University degree, with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering, Procurement and Construction and Cost Engineering in particular
- Very good command of English, command of German or Dutch is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Structured worker with ability to structure work of others
- Self-propelling and a good team player
- Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive
- You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and are willing to travel
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic Background.Our organization
OU Heat Projects enables climate smarter living by developing and realizing projects that create the most optimal asset based solutions for BA Heat and Vattenfall. The final goal is become fossil free in one generation. The required high complex projects (e.g. (novel) new build, extension or non-standard modification projects) are developed and realized in three project portfolio teams. The project portfolio teams are supported by two staff departments, Engineering and Project Excellence. The department Engineering comprises of an international team with highly qualified professionals within OU Heat Projects and is responsible for the complete engineering process. This ranges from developing and comparison of technical concepts in the earliest phase of the project, via the technical specification of a plant in the invitation to tender, technical bid evaluation and negotiation and finally managing the technical performance of the contractor(s) up to and including commissioning and start-up. The department also delivers support to projects for scheduling, cost estimating and QA / QC management.
- Full time
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Gunnar Assmann, +49 162/4320157. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Lena Vormbrock, +49 40/790222308. We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page.
We look forward to receiving your application!