Looking for a kick start of your career? Do you want to handle critical incidents? Do you have experience with ITIL processes? For our team Operational Processes & Improvements, part of Vattenfall IT, we are now looking for a talented and ambitious
Critical Incident Management Officer / Problem Manager
for our office in Hamburg or Berlin.
Your job as Critical Incident Management Officer / Problem Manager
You will become responsible for handling Severity One Incidents. Your job at Vattenfall will not be limited by the borders of Germany, as you will be part of an international team. Meetings with international colleagues/customers are often held virtually, however limited travelling within Northern Europe will be required. You will report to the Manager Operational Processes & Improvements.
Your key activities will be
- Lead and follow-up upon resolutions for Severity One Incidents (P1 Critical Incidents), threats and vulnerabilities, and participate in on-call duty for business-critical services (6 weeks p.a.)
- Lead and follow-up upon resolution of all priority problems
- Anticipate operational, program, and implementation issues and develop preventative measures
- Drive Performance Team assignments together with business representatives both on site and remotely
- Prepare and evaluate root cause analysis, support changes, evaluate risks
- Cooperate with other ITIL and non-ITIL processes
- Work within service delivery processes in a complex service delivery environment
- Prepare reports and update documentation
Your profile as Critical Incident Management Officer / Problem Manager
- Bachelor degree in information science, mathematics, natural science, engineering or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of ITIL V3 processes and principals will be an advantage
- Any certification in Scrum / Agile, ITIL or COBIT will be beneficial
- Good command of written and spoken English (B2 at least) and good communication skills as well as fluency in German
- Willingness to business travel
- Pro-active behavior, take initiative to improve our daily work, ability in decision making, both team player and self-driven
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth:
- An unlimited contract
- An office in Berlin or Hamburg
- An attractive pension scheme
- Working from home
- Flexible working hours including part time contracts
- 30 days of vacational leave
- Especially for junior candidates we offer a solid induction period and training on and off the job.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has slightly more than 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is 100%-owned by the Swedish state. Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT infrastructure services for the entire Vattenfall Group. It is an international shared service centre, providing efficient and reliable IT services and Support to the Vattenfall Group. Some 1 200 people in Denmark, Finland, Germany, Poland and Sweden work for us.
For further questions regarding the position please contact hiring manager Damian Malcherek +48 514824890. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Bettina Keil +49 40 79022 2289. Please apply directly with your English CV and cover letter through our Website.