For the Core IT – Operational Control Department, we are looking for a
Critical Incident Management Officer (m/f)
IT Continuity and Quality Officer
preferably for our Hamburg location but it will also be possible to be based in Amsterdam.
Your job as Critical Incident Management Officer:
The tasks of the Operational Control department include, for example, planning of and support during business continuity tests, delivery to Operations and planning of routine attention and maintenance work, furthermore performing service analyses and performance team assignments together with the business and IT, development of the ITIL process framework itself, etc., and managing Severity One Incidents and IT Risk Management.
Your profile as Critical Incident Management Officer:
- Lead and follow-up upon resolutions for Severity One Incidents (Critical Incidents), threats and vulnerabilities, and participate in on-call duty for business-critical services (approx. 6 weeks p.a.)
- Drive Performance Team assignments together with business representatives
- Prepare and evaluate root cause analyses
- Cooperate with Problem, Change and Configuration Management
- Prepare risk reports and update documentation
You are interested in working in an international business environment, and you are willing to occasionally go on business trips in Europe? You have good command of written and spoken English and good communication skills? You have the ability to depict complex matters in a simple way. Perfect!
- Bachelor degree in information science, mathematics, natural science, engineering or similar
- Ideally, you have already gathered several years of experience in IT infrastructure services or as project manager, solution designer or e.g. IT architect
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Any certification in Scrum, ITIL v3 Foundation or COBIT
- Good knowledge about CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CISA, Experience with ISO 17799 / ISO/IEC 27001 / ISO 27002
What we offer
A challenging job task in a young, international team, with team mates in Hamburg, Stockholm, Gliwice and Amsterdam. Attractive career opportunities in an open corporate culture. An attractive salary and other perks, and the opportunity to directly influence IT management decisions through your job task.
Please indicate your preferred place of work (Hamburg or Amsterdam) in your job application.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus. Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
The Vattenfall Staff Function IT is an international unit within the Vattenfall Group. As a full-service IT provider, our goal is to be the best of the best when it comes to delivering extremely economical IT services and intelligent solutions. Our array of services ranges from process and application consulting to software solution development implementation projects and the operation of application systems. Some 1,200 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden contribute daily to our international business success in the three organisational segments IT demand, IT supply and Group IT.
For more information about recruitment process please contact recruiter Katja Spehling, via phone (+4940 79022 3468) or apply directly via the application button.