We are looking for a proactive and motivated Data Protection Officer to Vattenfall with location Arenastaden, Stockholm.
We offer you a challenging and stimulating job in a professional team where you will work in a dynamic international environment. As Data Protection Officer, you will take part in how we shape the future Vattenfall and how we achieve our strategy. You will influence the way we work with information and how we protect the privacy of our customers and employees. We offer you an opportunity for a continuous development within one of Europe’s largest energy companies.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer has the authority to raise privacy issues directly to the highest management level of Vattenfall and regularly reports on progress to a Data Protection Committee, which consists of accountable information owners and business leaders.
• Build, jointly with Information Security, a data protection process that supports Vattenfall in meeting its obligation when it comes to data protection, compliance with related laws and regulations and the implementation of the new European General Data Protection Regulation.
• Support the organisation in identifying, mitigating and monitoring the risk of non‐compliance with data protection regulation and with the policies of Vattenfall in relation to the protection of personal data. This includes the assignment of responsibilities, awareness‐ raising, training of staff involved in processing operations and the related audits.
• Create insight in data landscape, processes and interfaces with external parties. Identify the data protection risks and issues associated with the activities of the company.
• Advise and support teams across Vattenfall to meet their obligations to protect personal data in line with legislation; and provide training and guidance materials to ensure proper governance.
• Instruct and cooperate with the Data Protection Coordinators in the different Business Areas, to jointly execute actions, build the awareness and raise the Data Protection maturity. We expect you to actively drive and implement change on all levels
The Data Protection Officer is part of the Corporate Security & Resilience Function and reports directly to the Chief Information Security Officer.
• Academic degree / University education in relevant area.
• Relevant certifications such as IAPP are a major plus.
• Our best candidate has excellent communications skills, high integrity and cross‐border working experience to drive the data protection program for the Nordic Countries, primarily Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
• Experience of successfully implement systematic processes in a large multinational organisation
• Good skills in, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, ability to build working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret relevant data protection rules in the context of data processing activities.
• Ability to effectively work with various stakeholders and to enable good and sound business solutions, including promoting privacy by design.
• Knowledge and deep expertise in the area of EU privacy and the general data protection regulation (GDPR).
• Language: proficient/expert knowledge in Swedish and English.
Location Arenastaden, Stockholm
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore, we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
For more information
Eva Häger (Recruiter) +46 727 28 27 57
Mikael Vos, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) +46 702 02 62 94
Trade union representatives in Sweden Carl-Gustav Angelin (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Ronny Ekwall (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We look forward to your application, including CV and cover letter via link below by latest January 7, 2018.
We are one of Europe's major retailers of electricity and heat and one of the largest producers of electricity and heat. Vattenfall's main markets are Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Germany, the UK and Sweden. The Group has approximately 20,000 employees. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is 100% owned by the Swedish state, and its headquarters are located in Solna, Sweden.
Vattenfall believes that a solid data protection program is an essential component of a leading sustainable energy company. Protecting personal information and respecting privacy are essential to maintain the trust of our customers, employees and suppliers. Managing privacy risks effectively and putting individuals in control of their personal information is core to our approach.
The Corporate Security & Resilience function strives to be a modern security function that is flexible, agile and has great knowledge of emerging threats. The group function provides regulatory and security requirements, support to the business and governance to Vattenfall Group in order to mitigate risks and to ensure regulatory compliance.