Do you want to be a key player in taking Vattenfall forward in the emerging energy landscape?
The energy sector is undergoing revolutionary change. Digitalization and the Internet of Things opens up new opportunities such as remote monitoring of distribution networks, increased efficiency and flexibility of production plant through automation and increased transparency and control for end users.
Using innovative solutions, Vattenfall R&D has group-wide responsibility for conducting business driven technical development that supports the company’s strategic focus areas. We are now looking to grow our in-house data analytics capabilities with another Data Scientist (Machine Learning specialist).
We offer you a flexible work environment where you will have the freedom to be creative, work and develop in an exciting and rapidly changing technical field of strategic importance to the company.
As a Data Scientist (ML specialist) you are expected to work together with the R&D Data Analytics team on full-cycle, end-to-end data science projects which requires leveraging state-of-the art machine learning techniques, statistical methods and other advanced analytics tools so as to deliver solutions to complex business problems. Through this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate and develop your career together with business domain experts and other experienced data scientists throughout the organization.
The R&D Data Analytics team deals with numbers, text, and images about and from Vattenfall's assets, operations, and customers to do prediction, prescription, automation, integration, optimization, and visualization using machine learning and other statistical methods in R, Python, and Julia on (mostly) Microsoft's Azure platform. We are involved from start to finish in the process, as described below.
1. Framing and scoping advanced analytics projects for business development with stakeholders
2. Collecting, prepping, cleaning, and processing data in various types, formats and platforms
3. Exploring and mapping the complexities of reality and its representation in the data together with domain experts
4. Doing contextual analysis, explanatory models, and feature extraction/engineering
5. Developing novel algorithms and models
6. Parallelization of data processing pipelines
7. Testing, validating, and iterating points 3-6 until we (a) can deliver usable and relevant results or (b) understand why we cannot
8. Helping the stakeholders to understand and implement what we deliver (or recommending measures to be taken to achieve success)
9. Working with IT in putting prototypes and proof-of-concepts into production
10. Educating Vattenfall about data, advanced analytics, machine learning, and related topics
As part of the team, these tasks and responsibilities will also be your tasks and responsibilities.
- Master of Science degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related areas
- Minimum 3 years of work or research experience
- Strong programming skills in various languages and analytics related tools with proficiency in Python and/or R
- You have some experience in working agile
- You are fluent in English
As a person you are analytical, inquisitive, committed and self-driven with good communication and interpersonal skills. You are passionate about understanding and solving problems and appreciate working towards deliveries. Furthermore you are confident in your ability to perform most of the team's responsibilities and tasks on your own. We also believe you have the ability to innovate in regards to new ways of working.
The R&D Data Analytics team deals with a wide variety of analytical problems. Hence, the ideal candidate has both some width and some depth to his or her data science tool box. Expertise in any of the following areas is valuable to us:
- Time series analysis/Signal processing
- Deep learning
- Image Recognition
- Natural Language Processing/ Text analytics
- Big data/ Cloud computing
- IT integration/ Microsoft Azure
For information about the position please contact Jonas Alin, Director, Data Analytics & ICT Solutions +46 702 11 79 53. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Matilda Karlsson +46 0770 235 28 58.
Location Älvkarleby or Stockholm (Solna), Sweden or Kolding, Denmark
Trade union representatives in Sweden Annika Stålenheim (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We look forward to receiving your application with CV and cover letter via this page, no later than 7th June 2019.