Vattenfall has taken a proactive approach towards O&M which will ultimately lead us to minimise operational downtime. Several initiatives as part of a larger improvement program have recently started. One of them is the preparation of fast response plans that could be put in motion in case of an operational failure occurs. As an Electrical O&M Engineer, you will contribute to the preparation of those which specifically apply to subsea cables or other grid failures.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Implement and improve Response Plans that can handle subsea cable failure or other grid failure in MV (Middle Voltage) system in all our Wind Farms.
- Manage Electrical information and documents in documentation systems like SAP and others.
- Review and organize critical spare parts to be ready at all times.
- Support our sites with onsite fault finding, measurements, inspections and advice, when needed.
- Conduct inspections and review maintenance plans for MV systems like On/Offshore Substations, wind turbines etc.
- Cooperate and coordinate work with engineering department, site organization and various consultancies in repair or improvement projects.
- Cooperate with different departments and cross boarders regarding electrical routines and safety.
- Prepare, Review and Update on Standard Work Documentation (Work Instructions including Risk Assessments, Method statements, Troubleshooting guidelines, Manuals and Service Checklists).
- Electrical engineering degree (minimum of 4 - 5 years) with HV/MV and LV knowledge. Practical experience, hands-on approach, open minded and eager to go offshore when required.
- Previous experience in electronics, computers and troubleshooting background is a plus.
- Knowledge (Practical and Theoretical) in the following areas will be valuable:
• XLPE insulated cables and accessories. (End terminations, joints, hang offs etc.)
• Subsea cable laying with pull in and hang offs.
• HV substations and HV installations.
• HV/MV switching and operation activities. (AP or SAP)
• Protection relays, (how to operate and extract logfiles etc.)
- Offshore Work experience in the wind industry is desirable but not essential.
- SAP Plant Maintenance is a plus.
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems.
- High energy level, responsible and structured person that delivers with high quality and seeks for improvements. Can extract core content from complex and diverse information and present it in a simple way.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member in a cohesive and participative manner. Reach out to others on time, escalate when required.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and to make effective use of time to ensure completion of tasks is a must.
- A good command of English, spoken and written is a must. Together with strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in an Intercultural, dynamic, international, multidisciplinary environment.
- A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Amsterdam. Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the positions or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English or Dutch, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is January, 27th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore, Offshore Wind, Solar and Batteries activities. Today we develop, construct and operate non-hydro renewable generation assets in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!