Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Energy Modelling Engineer . You will become a member of the Area Solutions SE Project Team and you will report to the Director BU ES SE.
Our municipalities, property developer and property management customers across Sweden are seeking new ways to reach their climate targets and enable the citizens to live a fossil free life by managing energy on an district level. This implies that Vattenfall will be working closely through co-creation with multiple parties, partners and stakeholders on complex, multi-phase city development projects. As Modelling Engineer you will be responsible for modelling energy flows, trading mechanisms and asset configurations to analyze and optimize the proposed energy system to our clients. This work will be done in close collaboration with the Solutions Manager who is responsible for the our customer business case.
This new business venture will offer district solutions for new city developments that combines the benefits of both local and centralized production into a completely new service across Vattenfall.
This is a new way of operating energy. If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be.
Your main responsibilities ad Energy Modelling Engineer
• Be responsible for the development of an energy flow simulation model at hourly resolution, including electricity and heating/cooling and other energy carriers.
• Integrate other local steering models into energy flow model.
• Develop a method how to price interconnected energy flows and trade them between entities within the district.
• Evaluate different asset configurations to determine the best economical and technical solution.
To be successful, we believe that you have the following experience
• 5+ years working experience in the development of energy analysis
• Understanding of complex energy markets and optimization of energy assets
• Understanding of customer value drivers in the energy value chain
• Understanding of SE energy markets particularly focusing on the pricing dynamics of different energy sources
• Understanding of energy systems and the value chain
• Experience of working with optimization/dispatch models
The location of this position is in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Martin Sjöberg, +46707980395. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com
Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Kalle Almqvist, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Göran H. Johansson, SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen.
We welcome your application in English and/or Swedish including CV and cover letter. Last date to apply 20th January 2019. We do not accept applications via email or after last application date. Selection and interviews are held after last application date.
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation"
“At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.”