Software development and support in an exciting business environment
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to fill the position of a ETRM Software Engineer in the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Market Access & Logistics team.
You will be part of the Market Access & Logistic team, which holds IT technical competencies as well as in-depth business knowledge about exchanges, products and trading processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious IT professionals who are looking for a challenging and diverse job within a leading energy company in one of the fastest changing and evolving trading areas.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Market Access & Logistics enables business in BA Markets through a timely and sustainable delivery of application development and support in the area Energy Logistics and Trading. We are operating all trading related applications within BA Markets.
You will do development and maintenance of our front office and logistics systems, including daily support and change management. The team does both, evolutionary development on existing in-house developed software and from-the-scratch development of new tools. We are supporting our trading analysts with “state of the art” software development for algorithmic trading.
Your main focus will be the development of new software, to be used by our Trading department and maintenance / re-engineering of existing legacy tools. We mainly use the following technologies:
- Microsoft .NET Framework / Core (C#)
- Microsoft DevOps, aka VSTS
- Microsoft Azure
- Oracle Database, SQL Server
- NoSQL databases
- Kafka messaging
- Kubernetes (AKS)
Your job as a ETRM Software Engineer
We are looking for:
- Front Office and Logistics support for existing tools, e.g. Power Intraday position handling, gas trading applications, market (exchange) access application
- Incident management, resolving malfunctions that occur in trading applications and trader tools
- Communication with external & internal software suppliers
- Participate actively in an agile team & DevOps team
- Participate in the on call team supporting 24x7 business critical applications
- Maintain and develop web and Windows applications with Microsoft .NET Framework / Core in C#
- Maintain and develop data access layer using SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Developing front-end applications using Angular 5+
- Writing unit tests
- Maintain and develop Azure-based applications, cloud-native
Our successful candidate has a university degree in Information Technology, Engineering or other related field with a minimum of two years of overall IT software development and IT operations experience. Basic commodity/energy trading knowledge or a financial trading background are of benefit. Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
Your personal characteristics:
- Knowledge and experience with complex soft- and hardware solutions
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business- and technological developments
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to do the stretch over the full service chain; From 1st level support up to supplier coordination
- Team oriented and excellent communicator
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.Our Organization:Business Area (BA) Markets
maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The Operational Unit (OU) Operations
is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations consists of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. We are present in the locations Hamburg, Stockholm and Amsterdam.Location:
We welcome your application, including CV and cover letter in English no later than April 25th, 2019. For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. We are looking forward to receiving your application!