Offshore Wind Development is now looking for a dedicated Environmental Specialist at Vattenfall’s rapidly growing Wind business in Denmark.
The position is 20 hours per week for a period of 3 years with a possibility to be permanent and on full time.
About your role:
The Environmental Specialist is responsible for reviewing and supporting the work performed by the project management and project team from an environmental perspective and to ensure that all environmental obligations (legal/permit) and VF & BA Wind environmental standards are met.
Main responsibilities and Work Task
• Responsible for managing environmental issues and deliverables for Danish offshore projects including Danish Nearshore, Horns Rev 3 and Danish Kriegers Flak
• Engagement with internal HS & E and permit specialist and experts, environmental network
• Steering of environmental related consultants
• Dialogue & Coordination with authorities and other local environmental stakeholders
• Responsible for environmental internal/external reporting within the development and construction phase
• Ensuring environmental compliance
• Environmental complain and incident management
You will report to the Project Director.
(Specific tasks for this position will include but are not limited to those listed below)
• Environmental support for contract requirements and contractor selection in compliance with legislation an VF Processes and Standards
• Environmental auditing, steering and monitoring of contractors
• Timely environmental reporting both to internal and external parties as required
• Support project team members with information needed relating to the environment
• Manage needed procurement of external resources
• Evaluate environmental impacts and their mitigations
• Engagement with Operational Readiness/Generation to ensure life cycle assessment of obligations/actions and hand-over
Your profile and qualifications as Environmental Specialist
• Environmental education, University degree or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken Danish and English
• Good interpersonal and presentational skills
• Well organized, experience in managing projects
• Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability
• Experience of working in or with the wind energy sector and/or environmental permits in Denmark preferred
• Ability to build trust and good relationships with authorities and other stakeholders
• Ability to work autonomously within a given framework
• Prepared to travel, overnight stays, and flexible in terms of working hours
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
We welcome your application with CV and cover letter via this page no later than 7th of June 2017.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Project Director – Peter Wesslau, +46 703666115
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, +45 22570751
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.