Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Do you want to make a real difference and be part of Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind to contribute to the development, construction, operation and maintenance of our UK onshore and offshore windfarms? We are now looking for an Environmental Specialist. In this role you will be in frequent dialogue with the different BA Wind Operational Unit teams, the UK permit management team and be part of the Environment & Sustainability Unit team of BA Wind.
What do we expect from you as Environmental Specialist?
As an Environmental Specialist you will manage the environmental and consenting aspects of the UK operational wind farms and give environmental support in the development and construction of our Wind assets. You support that projects are developed and constructed as well as sites operated and maintained in accordance with legal, licenced and Vattenfall environmental requirements and strive for operational excellence. In this you deliver input for structured and systematic approach to taking environmental and other essential sustainability aspects into account.
Your Profile as Environmental Specialist:
- Be the point of contact for environmental & sustainability topics for our UK wind assets during construction and operation;
- Ensure environmental compliance and assess changes in environmental legislation for windfarms during construction and operation; including applying for appropriate environmental licenses of works, fulfilling environmental obligations contained in licences/permissions, chemical and waste management and visiting sites for checkups;
- Give Environmental input in contracting and due diligence; including contractor evaluation and risk assessments;
- Report to and engagement in dialogue with authorities. Fulfillment of environmental obligations, synchronizing message to all authorities and responding on questions or demands;
- Interface of environmental topics between the different operating units of Vattenfall Wind; manage and further develop systematic way of working with environmental topics e.g. incident evaluation, lessons learned;
- Administrate selected UK relevant Environmental R&D programs.
- Degree in a relevant environmental discipline and relevant work experience;
- Understanding of UK licencing & planning regimes; knowledge of the UK Legislation and Guidelines related to Environment;
- Knowledge of the Wind industry and familiarity with Environmental management systems is a preference; further knowledge of Solar and Battery storage would be an advantage;
- Good communication skills. You will communicate with stakeholders from different cultural settings and educational backgrounds;
- Fluent in written and spoken English required; additional French or German skills preferred;
- Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Where will you work?
The location of this position is London or Hexham and will require frequent travelling.More information
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Senior Recruiter, phone +31654916494 or mail email@example.com
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 25th of April
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!