Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Export Control & Customs Manager.
- Building-up and managing the “stage” for customs and export control matters in BA Wind including establishing documented processes and procedures (Method Statement/Work Instructions) in line with the relevant legislation;
- Management of single/general permissions, power of attorney and other approvals in line with the relevant legislation;
- Conducting training and regular audits for construction projects and O&M sites
- Contact person for questions in the field of foreign trade and customs within the BU Offshore Wind;
- Liaise with the custom authorities on a long-term strategic basis and in case of customs & export control issue.
- Legal advice to the export control & customs specialist or interested stakeholders within BA Wind;
- Reporting Customs & Export Control Key Performance Indicators and regular reports to the Managing Directors and other parties interested.
- Coordinate improvement- and implementation projects in the field of customs & export control
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in the field of tax, customs and supply chain.
- University degree in Foreign Trade/Tax Law or alternatively in general economics with a strong focus in foreign trade/customs;
- Long-term experience (7-10 years) in the field of customs and foreign trade for a customs agency or in a customs department of a concern; First Experiences within renewable energy sector would be an advantage;
- Extensive experiences in custom systems like for e.g. ATLAS (Germany), SKAT (Denmark), SAGITTA (the Netherlands) and other European customs systems, Experiences in implementation of an AEO C/S would be an advantage;
- First experiences with SAP MM/WM/SD; Knowledge of GTS on Demand would been advantage
- Good command in English language, command in Dutch, Danish or German language would be advantage
- Extensive experience with export control measures and relevant regulations;
- Good knowledge of MS-Office applications
- Willingness to travel within Northern Europe
Preferably Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. Main Vattenfall offices in the other countries in consultation. The job requires occasional travelling across Europe, mostly between office locations.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May, 5th, 2019.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31 6 15604138.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK
By being part of Operational Support you get good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!