Vattenfall / BA Heat / OU Heat Projects develops and implements all of Vattenfall's cogeneration plant and new heating plant construction projects, but also modification and life time extension projects. The Engineering Department - within the Operational Unit (OU) Heat Projects - consists of an international team of highly qualified engineers from various fields. The Engineering Department is responsible for the development and execution of the technical parts of the projects within the Business Area (BA) Heat. A selected project team of engineers controls the handling processes and coordinates assembly, commissioning and handover of new plants to the future operator in coordination with stakeholders. In addition to engineering processes, the Engineering department also supports the projects in the preparation of time schedules, investment cost estimates and quality management.
Vattenfall has decided to convert the generation of electricity and district heating to CO2-free energy resources within one generation (Power Climate Smarter Living). In this context, the Engineering division will continue to deepen its knowledge and experience with innovative technologies (P2G, P2H, H2 technologies, heat pumps, etc.).
In order to support the development and implementation of our technical activities in a comprehensive project portfolio, we are looking for an
Electrical Engineer (f/m/d) - specialization electrical power engineering
for our locations in Berlin.
Your job as Electrical Engineer (f/m/d) - specialization electrical power engineering
Projects are implemented by suppliers according to the task at hand. In order for Vattenfall requirements and standards to be met as well as the site-specific boundary conditions, a client engineering team is required to control, steer and monitor the technical implementation of the project. Notably, the client team must ensure that the plant can be operated safely after completion and that conformity with maintenance and operating philosophies is guaranteed.
As an electrical engineer, you will contribute to Front End Engineering, Basis of Design (BOD) and the Basic Engineering Package (BDP). You will also provide essential input for the Invitation To Tender (ITT), participate in the preparation of award proposals and accompany the technical negotiations.
- Developing, implementing and coordinating technical solutions in connection with electrical, power plant-specific tasks such as grid connection, energy feed in, power plant protection technology, load flow and short-circuit calculations and real-time simulations
- Extensive Knowledge of grid system services, e. g. primary-, secondary and minutes control
- Presenting, discussing with and convincing the stakeholders on the basis of an optimized, electrical grid connection and auxiliary system power concept
- Preparation of project phase-dependent documents (tasks, tenders, etc.) and cost estimates
- Participation in project meetings, negotiations, evaluation of bids and preparation of award recommendations
- Controlling the assurance of quality assurance and quality control during the construction and commissioning phase
- Selection and specification of components in accordance with international regulations and standards as well as internal Vattenfall standards
- Participation in cross-project and cross-departmental experience exchanges
- Create meeting reports and presentations
In this function, you will report to the department manager “Discipline Engineering" within the department and for project specific matters the "Engineering Manager" within a project.
Our candidate must have a relevant university degree in electrical engineering and at least 3 years of professional experience in engineering processes and project execution. You have an excellent command of the German language, English (CEF B1) is mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured work that can also be transferred on the work of others
- Ability to work in a team
- Initiative and joy of communication
- Enjoy working together within international teams with interdisciplinary topics and willingness to travel
- Extensive knowledge of electrical engineering processes in thermal power plants and heat generation plants
- Working knowledge of the interface between heat generation plants and electrical grids.
We strive to be a role model for diversity and welcome applications regardless of age, gender, disability or ethnic origin.
- Full time
- Unlimited position
- Starting date: 01.04.2019
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Mr. Uwe Schulz via +49 40 2718 3960.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact recruiter Ms. Lena Vormbrock via +49 40 79022 2308.