For our office in Hamburg we are now looking for a
Financial Coal Trader
Your job as a Financial Coal Trader
- Proprietary trading in coal derivatives as well as standard specification physical coal (Scota)
- Internal market making – market access for internal customers
- Market analysis – fundamental and technicalW
- Work closely with the physical coal buyers and –traders to optimize the coal portfolio and add value to the Coal Desk overall PnL
- Discuss and share analysis with Continental Power, Cross-Commodity and other BU Trading desks
Your profile as a Financial Coal Trader
- University degree level with financial background or comparable qualification
- Proven track record of profitable outright in coal (and/or dry bulk freight); mainly financial; physical trading knowledge is advantageous
- Very strong fundamental knowledge about coal and/or freight market opportunities & trends, especially in price opportunities on netbacks, qualities, location- and time spreads
- Strong analytical skills
- Options trading knowledge is advantageous
- Sound risk management expertise and discipline
- Excellent English communication skills
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with almost 500 professionals working in Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, and Poland. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall’s generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability and continuous business growth.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group and provides all market access service activities to the group, including the sourcing of physical coal, oil and gas. BU Trading also maximizes the value creation in energy commodity markets by employing a specific proprietary trading mandate.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Steven Verbeek via phone +31651623247, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Vanessa Koop via phone +4940790227786 or apply directly via the application button.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 6th of June.
We look forward to your application!