As a First Line Support Engineer you are the ‘spider in the web’, the central point of all technical requests related to our wind turbine onshore/ offshore fleet (more specific Platforms: Siemens D3, Siemens G4, MVOW V164 and/or Nordex Delta). Vattenfall’s Wind Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Strategy assumes taking full control over the O&M process for these platforms, which requires a strong internal organisation and central support. The approach should ultimately lead to minimise O&M downtime for the particular platforms. The O&M Strategy has recently been adopted and is part of a larger improvement program. It is expected that the person recruited into the First Line Support Engineer will be part of the Platform Management Team.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Knows all the ‘ins and outs’ of the different turbine platforms from the technical side (more specific Platforms: Siemens D3, Siemens G4, MVOW V164 and/or Nordex Delta)
- Receive, record and effectively evaluate technical requests (including trouble shooting ones) to ensure accurate assessment and best resolution, for each situation, is provided to the different stakeholders.
- Prioritise those technical requests in relation to all open items on the whole Vattenfall fleet to ensure immediate actions are taken. Distribute those requests to other departments if required.
- Coordinate with sites to ensure implementations are followed.
- Generate regularly performance reports for management.
- Prepare, Review and Update on Standard Work Documentation (Work Instructions including Risk Assessments, Troubleshooting guides, Manuals, Service Checklists).
- Create, coordinate and maintain internal expert operational groups for the different Platforms where technical knowledge is shared and captured.
- A technical background with a qualification in electrical and/or mechanical discipline is required or qualified by experience (minimum of 4 - 5 years)
- Previous experience in electronics, computers and troubleshooting background is a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more technical turbine platform(s) Siemens D3, Siemens G4, MVOW V164 and/or Nordex Delta is preferred, but not a must-have.
- Work experience in the wind industry, including technical knowledge of wind farms is desirable but not essential.
- SAP Plant Maintenance is a plus.
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems.
- High energy level, responsible and structured person that delivers with high quality and seeks for improvements. Practical approach, hands-on, open minded and eager to learn new things. Can extract core content from complex and diverse information and present it in a simple way.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member in a cohesive and participative manner. Reach out to others on time, escalate when required.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and to make effective use of time to ensure completion of tasks is a must.
- A good command of English, spoken and written is a must. Together with strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in an Intercultural, dynamic, international, multidisciplinary environment.
- A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary.
The location of the position is Amsterdam. Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the positions or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English or Dutch, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is January, 27th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore, Offshore Wind, Solar and Batteries activities. Today we develop, construct and operate non-hydro renewable generation assets in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!