For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a
Freight Trader (m/f)
Your job as a Freight Trader (m/f)
- Proprietary trading in dry-bulk freight, FFA’s
- Actively trading around tc ships with internal and external cargo base
- Internal market making - market access for internal customers
- Fundamental market analysis (including price forecasting)
- Developing and executing own trading strategies
- Establishing intimate internal and external customer relationships
- Maintaining effective communication with new and existing counterparties (traders, brokers, exchanges, etc.)
- Work closely with the physical procurement and coal/biomass trading desk to optimise the freight portfolio
Your profile as a Freight Trader (m/f)
- Proven track record of profitable trading with a minimum of 3-5 years experience
- Sound risk management experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge about coal and freight
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Team –cooperation and excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with technical analysis and information services like Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.
- Strong profit and performance orientation and capability to deliver highest value propositions
- Natural ability to understand the cause of actions and willingness to take own initiatives
- High reliability and readiness to take on responsibility
- Decision-making authority and risk taking ability
- Stress resistance
- Fluency in English (additional languages are advantageous)
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
At Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
Markets is the Business Area where all asset optimisation and trading activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located across Europe with almost 500 professionals working in Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, Denmark, and Poland. We trade the full range of energy commodities such as electricity, gas, oil, coal, freight, renewable energies and emissions, take responsibility for a diversified sourcing of power, fuels and carbon credits and optimize the running and hedging of Vattenfall’s generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability and continuous business growth.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group and provides all market access service activities to the group, including the sourcing of physical coal, oil and gas. BU Trading also maximizes the value creation in energy commodity markets by employing a specific proprietary trading mandate.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Leon Arendsen via phone +31888380019, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Vanessa Koop via phone +4940790227786 or apply directly via the application button.
We look forward to your application!