Would you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? Then this job could be something for you.
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a Gas Analyst (m/f) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Gas Analyst (m/f):
- Conduct commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative analysis to support traders, and play an active role in developing gas trading and sourcing strategies
- Keep track of the latest market developments, develop price views, and provide related com-munication and advice to traders and portfolio managers through various communication channels
- Play an active role in further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data
- Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output
- Educate traders in relevant gas topics
Our ideal Gas Analyst (m/f) has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in, e.g., business, economics, engineering or science
- Strong knowledge of the European gas markets – esp. beyond NBP and TTF – including gas infrastructure and physical gas flows; knowledge of the global LNG market clearly advantageous
- Experience in gas analysis – preferably in a commercial or trading environment; additional experience in oil analysis clearly advantageous
- Experience with fundamental and mathematical models for gas markets, and ability to steer business-driven model development in the respective supporting functions
- Good computer programming (e.g., VBA, Matlab or Python), database management and data-analysis/modelling skills clearly advantageous
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), German language skills advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders and the willingness to share your knowledge
- Result oriented, independent working method with readiness to take on responsibility
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual who wants to progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
We look forward to receiving your application (via our website) in English, including a motivation letter.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group.
BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by Market Access.
For questions on the position or the recruitment process, do not hesitate to contact our recruiter Selma Budak at +49 (0) 4079022-7788.