Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions frompower generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a GIS Analyst, in our Business Area Wind, a part of the Vattenfall Organisation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
Your job as a GIS Analyst:
Vattenfall uses GIS and other specialist software to support the screening, design, development, construction, operation and data management of wind farms. The GIS Analyst is responsible for carrying out this work for onshore and offshore wind projects in the UK, Denmark, Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands, as well as some solar projects. You will be part of an international GIS team with most team members being geographically remote. Occasional travel to other locations is required.
- Implement all work strictly according to internal GIS Procedures including metadata;
- Your key tasks are to maintain project GIS Databases with new data creation or data import, while also providing mapping support, WebGIS upkeep and GIS analysis for all relevant projects using ESRI ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro;
- Data management for incoming/outgoing GIS data. Liaise with consultants ensuring data is compliant with contract requirements;
- Liaise with other Wind departments to support the design of the wind farm layout (wind turbines and associated infrastructure);
- In the wider role actively participate in further development of GIS within Business Area Wind.
Your profile as a GIS Analyst:
- Graduate qualified in geography, engineering, computing, or Earth science degree;
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS is essential;
- An interest in renewable energy in general, and wind energy in particular;
- Ability to produce high quality data and geographical outputs (static maps and WebGIS);
- Ability to liaise with technical and environmental specialists;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent record keeping with attention to detail and accuracy;
- GIS experience during wind farm construction and/or operational phases would be advantageous;
- Experience using AGOL, CAD and ArcGIS Pro would be advantageous;
- Experience using Python programming language would be advantageous;
- Excellent computer and communication (English plus either Dutch or German) skills is essential;
- Good teamwork is essential.
The location of the position will be in either Amsterdam (NL) or Hamburg (DE). If applying for the position please indicate which location you are applying for.
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer a permanent contract, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May, 31st.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 30,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!