Within Vattenfall we have the clear goal to enable a fossil fuel free society within one generation. This ambition includes, for example, electrification of the transport sector and CO2-emitting industries, but the core in this ambition is to have sustainable electricity production. Vattenfall is now ramping up its growth within renewables, making the production fleet free from fossil fuels.
Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s onshore and offshore wind as well as solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate onshore and offshore wind power in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK and we are a leading player in several of our markets.
We are now seeking a manager for our UK onshore wind development business – a role that includes the overall responsibility for the pipeline of onshore projects in UK – from the initiation of projects, through permitting and to investment decisions. The UK onshore market is a cornerstone in Vattenfall’s growth strategy for wind; our onshore wind pipeline in the UK accounts for a significant share of Vattenfall’s overall onshore portfolio. We are committed to delivering this pipeline on a zero subsidy basis and to continue finding new long term growth prospects.
As Head of Market Development UK within onshore wind you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Ownership of the portfolio growth strategy and associated development strategy for the onshore business in the UK, including ensuring that the business is competitive in a zero subsidy environment
- Project sponsorship for all onshore wind projects in the UK from identification up to and including investment decisions
- Active participation in M&A processes
- Internal and external representation of Vattenfall’s onshore wind business in the UK
- Strong cooperation with all other teams and functions within Business Area Wind and the wider Vattenfall group to create efficient and successful ways of working
What we are looking for:
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as a leader, preferably in an international organisation within a wind environment
- You are a highly motivated leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You have a strong commercial mindset and seek improvements in everything you do
- You are proficient in communicating with your team and with internal and external stakeholders
- You have proven skills in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues
We are looking for a communicative leader who has demonstrable experience in managing teams in change and challenging environments. The industry, Vattenfall and our onshore business are all in rapid transformation and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability and a focus on the people in our business.
The Head of Market Development UK reports to the Director of Market Development Onshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Market Development Onshore Management Team.
The location of this position is in the UK, at any of Vattenfall’s current main offices with onshore wind development (Hexham, Penzance and South Wales). Regular business trips are required, both within the UK and internationally.
We welcome your application (including CV and cover letter) via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 31 May 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Director of Market Development Onshore, Tobias Nylander, +46727343811. For more information about the recruitment process contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +49 40 79022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be a good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!