Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to become fossil free within a generation.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Head of Supply Chain & Systems reporting to the Director of O&M Offshore in BA Wind. You will become a member of the Management Team of O&M Offshore.
The O&M Offshore department is responsible for all O&M activities on our offshore wind farms in the countries we operate and focuses on operating our wind farms safe, efficient and professional.
Vattenfall’s on- and offshore fleet will grow significantly in the coming years and we have adopted a Full Control O&M strategy for our future wind farms to become a best in class operator. This means a lot of organizational development is needed to make that happen and the unit is a vital part of the journey to implement the O&M strategy and become Data Driven in all our O&M activities.
As the Head of Supply Chain & Systems you will (with your management team) have the responsibility to develop and implement strategies to manage the needs of our wind farms in terms of materials and services, deliver commercial support to the wind farms, develop the systems and processes for our O&M activities and ensure the readiness to operate new wind farms or wind farms moving out of a Full Service set-up.
Your key responsibilities
- Build, develop and grow an efficient organization towards approx. 40 people
- Lead a management team for 3 teams within the department:
- Suppy Chain & Commercial
- O&M processes & Systems
- Day 1 Readiness
- Establish a strong Supply Chain function with a clear warehousing strategy and distribution capabilities
- Consolidate the needs in Wind O&M and create and manage frame agreements together with Procurement
- Provide commercial contract support to the sites
- Develop maintenance managements systems and O&M processes
- Ensure the operational readiness of new wind farms in terms of hand over from project organization and readiness of systems, contracts, facilities, logistics and training of personnel
- Build and sustain a positive safety culture
- Implement Vattenfall’s O&M strategy and HSE systems
- Build a strong cooperation within the Wind organization and towards Procurement
- Manage suppliers and contractors and follow up on contracts
What we are looking for
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, preferably including experience in a wind operations and maintenance environment
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- Health and safety is of highest priority
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
- You can work independently across all levels of the organization and at the same time need to be a cooperative colleague, where you will demonstrate good communication skills, drive and an open and honest mind-set
- You take responsibility and provide transparency. When needed, you are able to make quick decisions in difficult circumstances and are capable of handling many tasks at the same time
- You are flexible and can with adjust to changing circumstances
- You value differences in background and culture
One of the main offices of Vattenfall Wind, i.e. London, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Kolding or Stockholm. The unit has people based in all the 5 countries where we operate. You will need to be flexible and traveling will be necessary on a regular basis.
What we offer
Do you want to work in an open, agile and modern environment, collaborating with great colleagues that support each other. Offering you a work environment with diverse, international and inspiring colleagues. Where we focus on resilience and know that this is a key element for your wellbeing. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working conditions supported by a smart travel policy. The advantages of working for Vattenfall are about more than money and lifestyle privileges. Join our journey towards fossil free living within one generation.
Do you have any questions to the above do not hesitate to contact Director of O&M Offshore - Erik Hiensch +31 6 150 28044. For more information about the recruitment process contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 2nd of June 2019.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!