Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as High Voltage Subsea Cable Engineer. You will be a part of the Electrical & SCADA team within the Engineering department, working with colleagues located across the various European locations.The position is located in Hamburg.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
Your main activities will be to bring expertise into the business in terms of cable systems and accessories, both for active projects as well as various technology tracking initiatives.
You will have the following key responsibilities
- Reporting to the relevant Project Design Lead or Cable Package Manager on cable design, manufacture, installation and commissioning activities for onshore and offshore wind farm and electrical infrastructure projects
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities
- Ensure compliance of contractual partners with contractual obligations for the cable package works
- Coordination of cable and accessory quality assurance and quality control processes throughout the HV cable supply chain
- Organisational and management tasks associated with the administration of cable supply and installation contracts
- Support the Package Manager in reporting of progress against key project KPIs (e.g. budget, schedule, quality)
- Contribute to the identification and management of risks, opportunities and mitigation plans
- Interface coordination with turbine and other electrical packages/plant suppliers to ensure clear scope definition and satisfactory performance of works
- Ensure compliance of requirements of O&M with the cable package
- Technical review of reports, design and system studies supplied by Contractors and third parties (e.g. Cable optimisation, Load flow, Fault studies etc.)
- Leverage expertise to define the and support Technology Roadmaps for HV cable engineering
- Shape cable concept selection and design to deliver solutions for future wind farms and transmission systems
- Tracking of emerging cable technology and performance of supplier technical evaluations
- Actively contribute to knowledge and information sharing within the Engineering functional unit. Assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management
- Provide technical support to operational assets on issues relating to cable systems
- Support procurement and project departments with expert knowledge
What we are looking for
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
- Both practical and theoretical experience with cable design, manufacture and/or installation
- Experience with project management, technical negotiations and contract handling across a range of contracting models
- Experience with renewable energy technologies, preferable on-and offshore wind
- Good English language skills and preferable also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel and work offshore
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!