Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Wind (BA) is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as HSE Specialist Solar & Batteries in BA Wind.
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide independent, authoritative advice, steering & support to the Solar & Batteries unit regarding Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) in order to ensure the Solar & Batteries unit raises its HSE maturity level and achieves BA Wind’s HSE ambition through all phases of the asset lifecycle.
As HSE Specialist Solar & Batteries you have the following key responsibilities:
- Support the Solar & Batteries unit to continually improve their HSE culture, leadership and performance
- Further implement and improve the BA Wind and Solar & Batteries HSE programs, governing processes and documents
- Identify and plan the HSE resource needs for the Solar & Batteries projects in Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark and the UK
- Steer and support the Health & Safety and Environmental Specialists supporting the Solar & Batteries projects
- Provide direct operational HSE support to dedicated projects
- Monitor and report on relevant HSE issues
Your profile as HSE Specialist:
- At least 5 years relevant experience in working in a high hazard industry such as construction / power industry and/or Solar & Batteries industry with focus on workplace and construction Health & Safety, preferably you also have Environmental experience
- Health & Safety education such as MVK/HVK, SIFA or NEBOSH
- Experience with client / contractor relationships & management throughout lifecycle phases such as development, contracting, construction, operation and maintenance
- Able to develop working relationships with management, fellow employees, contractors and external stakeholders
- Good communication skills both verbally and written in English
- Full and detailed understanding of international Health & Safety Law and preferably also knowledge of Environmental law
The location of this position is Amsterdam or Hamburg, regular business trips are required.
Process and time line
Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is 12 July 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Director of HSE Martin Furth, +31615159472. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!