Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for an High Voltage Offshore Platform Engineering Manager for our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering. Engineering is the technical knowledge centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as providing technical resource throughout the project lifecycle from early feasibility and concept selection through to operational support.
Sitting within the Electrical Project Engineering department, you will be part of an international team working on development, delivery and technology projects across various European locations. You will be free to choose a home office of Kolding, Hamburg, or London, however the role will require frequent travel within Europe.
Your main responsibilities will be to use provide expertise into the business through the co-ordination of Conceptual Design, Procurement and Construction strategy for the Offshore Platform product line and assure its roll out across the project portfolio.
Description of the position as Offshore Platform Engineering Manager
• Concept development for Offshore HVAC & HVDC Platforms, including the structural design and electrical system integration in cooperation with the projects, associated technology product lines and platform manufacturers.
• Cost optimized structural foundation design, including constructability, installation & operation of platform in cooperation with Vattenfall’s own engineering team as well as design houses and manufacturers.
• Supporting projects during FEED studies to develop optimised platform solutions.
• Definition of scope split and interfaces between the topside, foundation, the HV electrical system, and cables and the auxiliary systems.
• Experience with specification and integration of platform auxiliary systems and services
• Specification and integration of fire suppression into platform solutions for high voltage plant and equipment.
• Liaising with supply chain to understand new technology developments and maturing of products.
• Technical representative during procurement, design, manufacturing and construction phase of grid connections.
• Preparing technical documentation
• Review of design documentation from suppliers and Contractors
Qualifications as Offshore Platform Engineering Manager
• M.Sc in Structural / Civil Engineering or Electrical engineering
• Min 5 years of experience within the renewables industry or similar
• Significant experience with design and construction of Offshore platforms, preferably within the renewables sector
• Demonstrable experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of offshore substations
• Good English language skills and a plus if you also have good Danish/German language skills
• Flexible approach to travel and working offshore
You have a high degree of self motivation with a flexible approach to work. You possess good interpersonal skills works well with other people, and you have an innovative mindset. You are result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. You have the courage to act on your conviction, and you display discretion under time pressure.
Choice of Hamburg, Germany or London, UK or Kolding, Denmark
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
Apply online on this page.
For your information
The position is advertised on several jobsites, where different regulations apply. Thus there is no time limit on the advertisement; instead we will remove it once the position has been occupied.
We look forward to receiving your application,
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.