Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with an ambition to become fossil free within one generation.
We are looking for an HVAC Transmission Product Manager to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects to drive technical excellence through the whole project lifecycle. Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the HVAC Transmission Product Manager shall be responsible for delivering HVAC connection solutions to Project Delivery for a range of offshore projects.
- Lead the HVAC Transmission Product development within the Wind Farm Design Transmission Roadmap, identifying the technology needs for development portfolio and aligning engineering and supply chain engagement activities to meet these requirements
- Drive safety by design through the entire project lifecycle
- Engage with Electrical & SCADA functional unit to ensure relevant technical and project engineering resources are allocated to the HVAC roadmap activities.
- Work with the relevant technical experts within the Electrical & SCADA functional unit to ensure solutions are suitably captured within relevant standards and specifications.
- Play an active role in promoting and embedding the technology Roadmap model within Vattenfall BA Wind activities
- Work with Procurement Category Management to develop the supplier interaction, define scope split and interfaces within HVAC transmission scope to optimise risk allocation with the supply chain.
- Quality assurance of the technical specifications and requirements and budgets describing the products and the developed in the roadmap is part of the task.
- Includes concepts for onshore and offshore substation layout and design
- Strong HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer wind farm projects
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
- Degree level educated in electrical/power systems or other engineering discipline
- Min 5 years of experience within transmission/distribution substation design and construction
- Demonstrable experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of offshore and/or onshore substations
- Experience with onshore and offshore substation layout and design
- Familiar with primary and secondary electrical plant and equipment
- Experience in developing technologies from concept to commercial availability
- Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind
- Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage
- Flexible approach to travel and working offshore
Choice of Vattenfall locations at Hamburg, London or Kolding.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone 004940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!