Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Inside Project Coördinator/Cost Engineer Solar.
The inside project coordinator is recruited into BU Solar & Batteries and will be working in Solar projects primarily during all stages of projects, from development to procurement phases, from construction to O&M phase.
The immediate support is required for three Dutch projects at our production sites in Velsen, Eemshaven, and Hemweg. However, support is also required for other development and customer projects in the Netherlands.
As Inside Project Coördinator/Cost Engineer you will support and drive our team in defining the trade-offs of their technical designs. You will setup the tools needed to model the impact of innovative designs and take ownership of the costs assumptions of the technology applied within the future of the Dutch solar and batteries unit of Vattenfall.
Your responsibilities as Inside Project Coördinator/Cost Engineer
- Translate technical design choices into cost
- Develop the tools to support business case analyses of technical innovations
- Provide insight in the trade-off between Capex, Opex and Production
- Optimize project designs with the aim to reach subsidy free Solar
- Making of cost estimations all phases of the projects
- Interfacing with procurement about prices and quality
- Stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Preparation of indicative offers
- Preparation of final offer and approvals
- Detailed construction coordination together with Project manager
- Document control
- Report on progress to the stakeholders
- Making sure materials and services are purchased
- Supporting health, safety, environmental and quality processes
- Visiting project sites to get a comprehensive image of the project and stakeholders
Your qualifications as Inside Project Coördinator / Cost Engineer
Our successful candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering, Project management, Procurement and/or Construction. You have a very good command of the Dutch and English Language, German is a plus. Experience in the field of Cost Estimating is preferred.
Your personal characteristics and competences:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Structured worker with ability to structure work of others
- Self-propelling and a good team player
- Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive
- Experience in project planning and scheduling is an advantage
- Successfully completed studies in the field of electrical engineering
- Experience in A-CAD/ E-CAD desirable
- Good knowledge in the planning and construction and preferably of PV plants
- Knowledge of lightning protection desirable
- A team player showing willingness and flexibility
- Independent and methodical work
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is Amsterdam. Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Senior Recruiter, phone +31654916494.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Last day to apply January 14th.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We look forward to your application!